Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear moonroof won’t go back down

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AinWarhol
Not so new now
Not so new now
AinWarhol

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Austin, TX, USA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited
KZH100
Registration date : 2018-12-06

Rear moonroof won’t go back down Empty
PostSubject: Rear moonroof won’t go back down   Rear moonroof won’t go back down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 7:04 pm

Hey everyone - I’ve searched these forums but most posts in this topic seem to deal with a moonroof that won’t open. Mine is the opposite problem.
Ok I need help from the electronics gurus here.
For some reason, the rear moonroof motor only opens, but won’t close.
Here’s what I know: I’ve swapped the motor out with a known working motor, the problem persists.
I swapped the roof relay for a new working unit, no change.
Each time I try both switches (front and rear) and both switches work when opening, but same issue when trying to close.
I hear the relay click when I initially press the switch Open, but when I press Close, there’s no sound anywhere.

Could it be a wiring issue somewhere? Or is it bad luck that I got 2 bad motors or 2 bad relays or both switches are bad in the exact same way?
Back to top Go down

Rear moonroof won’t go back down
Page 1 of 1