Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

moonroof and rear roof stopped working

Go down 
+5
chrisandhiace
ruffnut
mattyj
simongd
iddyris
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iddyris

Number of posts : 6
Home City : swansea
Registration date : 2010-10-08

moonroof and rear roof stopped working Empty
PostSubject: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:42 am

recently i went to close the rear roof only to find it would not shut. the control switch led is lit and pressing the up button activates a relay click in the roof liner but pressing down does nothing.the big moon roof also does nothing at all when switched now.one more thing is the warning bleep roof open indicator has stopped.any ideas
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:46 am

Have you checked the fuse?

If there is a relay in the curcuit it could be faulty or a wire has come loose
Back to top Go down
iddyris

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:56 am

i`ve had a look in the main fusebox,not checked the second box yet,but when i press the up funtion on the rear roof i hear the engine speed dip under load.so unless middle roof and down function are seperatly fused plus the warning bleeper,possibly a relay though but where to find it?
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 pm

In my 1992 SC the relay box is behind a black cover under the dash board in the centre. I do actually now remember reading the labels on the inside cover and I am sure it mentions moon roof.

Could be an earth leak I think if the engine speed dips. The motor shouldn't be using that much current.

Back to top Go down
iddyris

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:39 pm

think i need the roof system wiring diagram, i`ve checked every fuse and relay i can find,the clicking from the roof lining is the blue roof control unit.the only response i get from anything is when i press open/up on either the rear roof controls,the roof control unit clicks and theres a slight engine load for a split second.the roof open warning still does not bleep when exiting the car. its acting like there is no motor power available to lower the rear roof or open the moonroof. any wiring knowledge?
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:00 am

get a test light on the fuse box

my dash lights went out on my digital dash

cause was a bad link i put on the reverse lights

van could start but couldn't get it out of park

just a 7.5amp fuse for all that
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:26 am

have you accidently pushed the roof lock button?
Back to top Go down
iddyris

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:14 am

It is acting like the roof lock is on,except for the relay click on pressing the up action for the rear roof,and still no warning bleeper to say the roof is open when you switch off the ignition. I`m thinking its the control unit gone faulty but not sure how to test for this.
Back to top Go down
iddyris

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:18 am

it was the blue multifuntion unit in the roof lining(where the beeping comes from) pcb had a small burn out which i had to bridge with some wire.

thisissimple likes this post

Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:57 am

hi all,

we're in Ingham Qld atm and can't get our rear moonroofs to open, large one won't open either.

Does anyone know where the fuse for the moonroofs is located?

I've checked Panel A on driver's side, also the box on passenger's side as well as in battery compartment but can't find any fuses called roof or moonroof.

Also, where would the moonroof lock button be, just in case I have accidentally pressed that? I have a 1994 7 seater 4WD van with 1KZ-TE engine.

It's quite hot in the van when we pull up at night and it would be nice to open the rear moonroofs for ventilation. I have fixed some insect screens below them to keep the bities out.
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:10 am

If anyone in Australia has the answer, would you mind smsing it to 0400 721170 as we will have very limited internet access. Thanks, Werner
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Werner,

The lock button is in the centre of the panel between the sun visors where the buttons for the middle and rear moonroofs are. I had found in hot weather my centre moonroof used to become stuck and I had to bang on it hard with my fist as I operated the button to open it.

You can tell if it is just stuck as you should hear it click after a pushing the button to close it. (I know it's already closed) . This would indicate it's just physically stuck and a good belting might free it. If there is no click it would indicate an electrical issue.

I have taken to using a silicone spray lube on the rubbers and paint where it meets and this keeps it operating. Don't forget to lube all the bits where it meets though. I missed getting the underside of the rear top shell where it goes up underneath and this is where it was getting stuck.

Cheers,

Dave

PS,
SMS sent with same info
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 am

After Dave's info came through, the problem was solved until a few days ago.

When I try to open the moonroofs, I get a clicking noise from the rear, but the roof doesn't open. I have checked for sticky rubbers sitting on the paint, but I don't think this is the issue as I can physically open them by lifting them with no apparent sticky resistance. I have also lifted them open manually when my partner pushed the button to the open position, but no success in keeping them open, they feel as though they are "spring loaded" and shut again.

Any ideas??

A manually operated roof like the front sunroof would be better in my opinion.

May have to investigate as to whether a popup roof is possible.

Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Tried again to open the rear moonroofs, but no success. Sad

Not sure whether it is a mechanical problem i.e. something not engaging properly to lift the roofs up or an electrical problem i.e. something not releasing, such as a solenoid or similar, to enable the roofs to lift up.

Any ideas where I could access the mechanism? How is the panel with the rear light buttons & roof buttons fixed to the roof? Is it just clipped in place?
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:17 pm

I had the same issue with my SC. The rear moonroof stayed up and would not come down, the centre moonroof would not work at all. The rear one would emit a relay click when the button was operated up, and a humming when it was operated down. The fault came from the 'moonroof control module' which is a black plastic box 75 x 75 x 25 approx.It is located in the roof lining in the front Drivers side, it is near to the centre sunroof front RH corner. I got at mine by removing the handle on the roof, centre moonroof trim strip, and light / moonroof button unit. I could squeeze my hand up and remove the unit from its clips and undo the connector. The fault was found to be a 'burnt' track of circuit board. I soldered a link wire from the capacitor to the resistor that the track should have connected. I connected the unit to the connector to try it out and all good, so I put it all back in the black box and re-fitted it all fixed now. I took some pictures but can seem to attach them.
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:23 pm

@ Iddyris, sounds like we have the same symptoms you experienced, did you access the multifunction box via the reading lamp/vent panel behind the driver ?

Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

2.4 EFI Turbo diesel

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Yes, it is behind the driver above the roof liner. I removed the light fitting, moon roof trim rubber and managed to get the unit free through the gap without removing the liner. I have some pictures I will try and upload them

Martin.
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Cheers  Wink 
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

2.4 EFI Turbo diesel

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Photos
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Can't see any ?
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

2.4 EFI Turbo diesel

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Apparently they do not work, do you have an email address and I will email them to you or do you know of a server that I can upload the images to and post a link here?

Thanks

Martin.
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

2.4 EFI Turbo diesel

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/12/46/41/15/dsc02114.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/12/46/41/15/dsc02115.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/12/46/41/15/dsc02116.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/12/46/41/15/dsc02117.jpg
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:03 pm

Which part did you bridge, can't really tell from photo ?
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

2.4 EFI Turbo diesel

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:33 pm

Sent pm and email
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moonroof and rear roof stopped working   moonroof and rear roof stopped working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moonroof and rear roof stopped working
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next