Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help on taillight issues & ordering parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joeh

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Portland, OR
Model and year : 1991 Hiace Super Custom
"Mighty"
Registration date : 2019-07-21

Help on taillight issues & ordering parts Empty
PostSubject: Help on taillight issues & ordering parts   Help on taillight issues & ordering parts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 3:39 pm

First time ordering parts and slightly confused, would appreciate some guidance. 🙏

• Have had long standing taillight issues on van since purchase. I think the complete taillight assembly was replaced before purchase but not sure the source.
  • Left side, my turn signal worked on and off but now has fully stopped. Experienced Hiace mechanic told me the turn signal socket needed replacing.
  • Right side, occasional issues. Sometimes my backup up light flashes when I brake and have turn signal on (usually in cold only).

Questions:

1. How do I figure out right part? Jp-parts is super confusing to me.
  2. Should I replace right socket as well, is this the probable cause of that issue? Or should I just replace them with better aftermarket options (I wouldn't mind brighter tail lights)?
  3. I assume this is an easy replacement?

1991 Hiace Super Custom (not limited). regular roof, 2 sunroofs (no rear), 4wd, auto. I think my code is LH107G- but can't figure out the last part. sad photo in this post

I think these are the right parts?

• right side socket
  • left side socket

But I'm confused because the table doesn't align with my model when I click through the part listing.
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 286
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Help on taillight issues & ordering parts   Help on taillight issues & ordering parts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 2:05 pm

Hi - I think the light clusters are reasonably generic across each facelift - if you put your frame number into some parts sites. you should get an exact match. eg; https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/

if it is an LH107G, then it will be these: https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh107g/114049/electric/8111/
and I would think you would want to start by replacing the light harnesses 81555 and 81565. If you click through, the full part number for both is 81555-95J10 . Looks like there are some in the US on ebay for about $30.

The mixed up light weirdness sounds like a grounding issue - so these could possibly fix it - and if not, then you may need to start checking grounding points.

Re brighter lights, LED bulb replacements are the cheapest way aliexpress imported integrated light clusters can be a mixed bag - someone here had a bulb fail and had to replace the whole lot - the LED was not accessible - sealed in.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
joeh

"Mighty"

PostSubject: Re: Help on taillight issues & ordering parts   Help on taillight issues & ordering parts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Thanks!

I'm not seeing the ebay ones in US, just Japan/UAE. I may just go with this one but will keep digging a bit https://www.ebay.com/itm/125344253620
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 286
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Help on taillight issues & ordering parts   Help on taillight issues & ordering parts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 6:12 pm

This is the one I found https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332778895124?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aHl1vpxvR0G&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=xtIAr7nHS66&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Back to top Go down
joeh

"Mighty"

PostSubject: Re: Help on taillight issues & ordering parts   Help on taillight issues & ordering parts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 3:39 pm

Have two fully working tail lights now, thanks @g00se!

Came to $62 total for both harnesses. Delivered in a week from order date all the way across the world! And surprisingly simple install.

One of the light enclosures did not go back in tight (its a bit loose on the non-screw side). But I don't expect it'll fall out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help on taillight issues & ordering parts   Help on taillight issues & ordering parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help on taillight issues & ordering parts
Page 1 of 1