Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Busted the left taillight!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 60
Home City : Bendigo Vic
Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.
Registration date : 2017-07-19

Busted the left taillight!  Empty
PostSubject: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2023 9:20 am

Can anyone tell me if the KZH100 (1KZ-te) is the same as the RZH 100?  Need a taillight (left) for super custom 1993 turbo diesel.  My baby!

Second question.  Oil is Texas tea, black gold.  But losing water around a litre every 500 ks? Can’t see any leaks. Do run the air con a LOT (I’m a whale, feel the heat) but…..

Thanks people.  Oh and if anyone knows where to get that taillight from…. Sorry I can’t seem to add a pic
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 277
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2023 3:38 pm

Hi - yes, the RZH101 is the same as the KZH100 - the RZH is the 2wd petrol version of the super custom. You'll just need to make sure it's the same year. If you use the epc-data.com site to get the part number, that may help searching. You can get the whole unit or just the lens too - partsouq seem to be the cheapest for importing them for my year, but that's 2001.

if you use epc-data.com, make sure it's the right year - they link to amayama to import new ones, but there are others if you search on the full part number.

You can also use places to import via the japanese yahoo marketplace - their version of ebay. Try sites like https://buyee.jp/ and https://neokyo.com/en to do that.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 1:52 am

Thanks. Used amayam before but they didn’t help me out I didn’t understand. I just checked that site above but no kzh100 or 101.  Nothing at all that sounds like my van on there Hmmm. Amatsm don’t have anything pre 1999. No wonder. I think you’ve given me some info I can’t follow up on? If anyone can help I’d appreciate it
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 9:12 am

Hi again - there seems to be a change in the KZH100 half way through 1993 - is yours the earlier or later one? I'm guessing the latter as it's got the turbo engine.

From what I can tell, for that one, the left rear whole light is 81560-26100 or just the lens is 81561-26100

I did a google and found some suppliers:

https://carmarka.com/en/toyota-lamp-assy-rr-81560-26100

and the lens:

https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/products/toyota-81561-26100

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/8156126100

There are ones in the US too, but the markup compared to the ones above is quite large. It'll be worth calling a local toyota dealership to see if they can get one - usually, the price is high, but sometimes it's OK.

jgls likes this post

Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 9:15 am

Also, there's a guy on facebook called Rich Parts Automotive Exporters. I'm normally weary of facebook ads, but this guy seems genuine and gets good reviews - though I've never used him myself.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 10:20 am

Thanks so very much! Xxx
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 10:23 am

Best double check the part number on the current light - just to make sure. A lot of importers won't take returns unless it's faulty.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 8:44 pm

I can’t see any part numbers at all. I even took photos but nothing showing on any - I have got right side taillights and no numbers on them
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 10:47 pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU. I found one at a Japanese Auction Site $50! Thanks all for your help and support. g00se, esp, thanks heaps - and btw, I have been to the UK twice and because I hired a motorhome to take the then 15 year old around, well, that's why I got my Hiace! LOVE the UK. I wish I was there! From your favourite unwanted ex English ancestry-associated Aussie. xxxx (no convicts in our bunch but a few naughty people from Yorkshire, Devon, and Norwich!)
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 11:03 pm

Ah, second Norwich reference of the evening!

jgls likes this post

Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 11:15 pm

Ha. Well, actually we come from Queen Maud's gardener (Greenwood) but there were some others that weren't so cool. Might explain why I love nature though, and animals, and old things.....
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2023 9:06 pm

Be careful if FB. Thanks for the referral but he wanted $300 and I’m still suss. There are no comments or reviews about him and the same Re another one called George Spare Parts Rich seemed legit not I’m still sussing him out as I can’t find one review that comes back with a teply to me. I’m going to try to reverse back hood photos to see where they come from. Guts telling me not to trust them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Busted the left taillight!    Busted the left taillight!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Busted the left taillight!
Page 1 of 1