Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Handbrake cable

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smalcolmsmith2

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Durham, UK
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Handbrake cable Empty
PostSubject: Handbrake cable   Handbrake cable Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 10:11 am

I have a 1999 KZH106W 4WD 3l auto and need a rear right handbrake cable. Amayama say not made anymore and I cannot find one anywhere. Part number 46420-26291 or possibly 46420-26580. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Handbrake cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handbrake cable   Handbrake cable Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 3:52 pm

Hello and welcome!

I think you are trying absolutely the right thing. Amayama and the EPC work very well together.

I’m looking to replace my rear handbrake cables, too and your news is a bit of a worry. I’m guessing the adjuster is toast? I’d generally recommend replacing both cables. On some cars they only come as a pair, but as one of these is adjustable I guess this obviates having to replace both?

Based on the EPC it seems that all the 4WD Hiaces (with rear drums) have the same rear cables, that’s cable 2 (RH) and cable 3 (LH). I think that also the intermediate cable (#4) are shared, so it’s possible that it’s just the front cable that’s different between wheelbases?

The other thing that seems to differ between L and K is a bit of bracketry but that’s well described in the EPC. I remember seeing some cables on a couple of ‘CarsAndBids’ pictures (I’m looking for these parts, too; it’s not idle browsing) and the vans with rear coil springs seem to have the same cables and the same support brackets that are part of the cables. The other bracketry is a bit vehicle dependent I think.

Anyway, this is useful but doesn’t move things along.

Amayama used to have these cables listed for the 3L as ‘46420-26280’ and replaced by ‘CABLE ASSY, PARKING BRAKE, NO.2, Genuine Toyota (4642026440)’ for ~£33 (the LH side was fractionally cheaper) but I see this is not shipped to the UK. A similar situation seems to be the case for the 1KZ, but this is part ‘46420-26580‘ and a complication is its non-original replacement is some door glass, which they might not ship internationally.

So, I wonder if there’s a number problem that affects the shipping ability?

What I’d suggest is to contact Amayama and make a parts enquiry. I’ve done this a couple of times and they reply very quickly unless it’s a holiday in Japan.

You could also try MegaZip but I find them more expensive and just because they say it’s in stock, if it’s discontinued, then they cannot supply, either. Same goes for J.P-cars, or whatever the other place is called.

Also ask your local Toyota dealer. It might be a bit more expensive from them, but it can avoid a lot of hassle.

I have my cables removed so if you need any particulars (for comparison) let me know.

I’ve also just done a wide search on Amayama and there is one example of a cable ‘3’ in stock and none of their cable ‘2’s are; 5 are out of stock and 4 are discontinued. Definitely send them a parts query and also check wiht your Toyota dealer, plus try MegaZip.

Finally, do post back what you find. I’m keen to know too!

HTH!
Back to top Go down
smalcolmsmith2

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Durham, UK
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Handbrake cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handbrake cable   Handbrake cable Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 4:13 pm

Thanks for all of that. I will contact Amayama to enquire about 46420-26580 as I too noticed that it says window glass, but that must be erroneous because on the same page it is talking about handbrake cables. I think the 'no UK shipping' thing is tempory. I will let you know how I get on. Burrows Toyota in Sheffield are normally very good if you send VIN and part number, but no joy with this cable.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Handbrake cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handbrake cable   Handbrake cable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handbrake cable
Page 1 of 1