Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging

Go down 
AuthorMessage

no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging  Empty
PostSubject: no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging    no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi,

have noticed my aircon in my 2006 toyota hiace commuter is no longer blowing cold air.
We can see the magnetic clutch is no longer engaging but can still freely turn it by hand when the engine is off.
We have run a few tests with our multimeter and believe it is an electrical issue supplying power to the magnetic clutch relay switch. The relay itself seems in good condition so just wondering if anyone has an electrical wiring diagram of the front air conditioning system so I can trace fuses back and see if I can find the source of the problem.

Hope that makes sense, thanks guys
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging  Empty
PostSubject: Re: no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging    no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2022 2:25 pm

Good Morning Sunnyace

Not saying you haven’t, but just putting it out there that the clutch will not engage if the refrigerant is too low. Anyone with your symptoms needs to rule that out in their troubleshooting steps.

I’d supply a 12v signal to the clutch when running and verify the H/L side pressures. Alternator is right there to tap from. You’d be able to rule out a ton of issues all at once

Good luck. I hope it’s something small and easy to fix. Have an awesome weekend ahead,

-Bryan
Back to top Go down

no cold air from ac, magnetic clutch not engaging
Page 1 of 1