Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Compatibility of parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cosmicbonsai
cosmicbonsai

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Bend
Model and year : 1996 Hiace Custom High-Top Camper

Registration date : 2021-02-03

Compatibility of parts Empty
PostSubject: Compatibility of parts   Compatibility of parts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2022 8:57 pm

I have a 1996 hiace diesel LH129 3L. I am wondering if the tail lights for a 1989-04 Hiace LH112 LH125 Commuter Regius Ace would be compatible for mine?

And the front signal light for a Hiace LH125.

Thanks for anything you know!
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Compatibility of parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compatibility of parts   Compatibility of parts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Hello

Dunno.

The self-help method might be to head over to the Toyota Electronic Parts Catalogue.

This is it for my van:

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/

Then, load up one browser tab with the option of a LH129 and another(s) as a LH112 / 125 and see if the parts have the same Toyota part numbers. You can’t rely on the Parts Number Catalogue (PNC) as this is common to many, many vehicles as it’s the 'thing'. You need to check the match for the 12345-67890 part. The complication though is that many models in the EPC are shown with several 'Schemes' and these relate to revisions, various options or crosses model facelifts. This makes it a lot harder to be definitive. I also expect headlights have to meet various country specifications so a further issue.

I also wonder if the parts-filter on the Amayama site might say anything different. Try:

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toyota/hiace/4-van-3-left-h100-1998-r-2734/electrics-4/headlamp-311

You might have to ask for pictures and ultimately try them?

I think there’s less variability for the rear lights but can’t be sure if the wiring is the same. Some models have lights on the tailgate, too!

A last point to consider is that the registration year might not be the same as the model year. I think mine is a 1992 built van but it's registered as a 1993 as this is when Toyota finished turning it into a camper. More to consider if it's the same.

HTH!

cosmicbonsai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Compatibility of parts
Page 1 of 1