Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intake manifold compatibility

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ajplowe

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom KZH106 3L
Registration date : 2020-12-19

Intake manifold compatibility Empty
PostSubject: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 6:03 am

I have a 1994 KZH106, 3.0L turbo diesel. And I have a crack in the intake manifold. Photo inserted below...at least maybe it is...first time posting an image.

I've identified the part #, 17101-67010, but it doesn't look to be available. What looks to be available is 17101-67011, which they switched to in 1995. Any counsel on if it would be compatible?

https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=781130&cartype=40&fig=1701

Intake manifold compatibility Resize10
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 6:21 am

You must have spent hours cleaning that manifold to that standard! Any chance of getting those cracks welded?
Back to top Go down
ajplowe

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 4:48 pm

Had it sandblasted; I could only do so much with a toothbrush. Either got dropped or cracked when the butterfly valve was taken off.

Current thinking is not to weld it. Better to replace. But, can I replace it.....I've no idea if 17101-67010 is compatible with 17101-67011. Hoping someone on the forum has looked into this before.
Back to top Go down
ajplowe

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 8:21 pm

Another "interesting" photo. This is the exhaust manifold....and another crack. Which brings me back to the compatibility question....the replacement for this, 17141-67020, is discontinued...but 17104-67010 is available. Will it work?

Intake manifold compatibility Resize11

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 12:57 pm

I had mine replaced with a brand new Toyota one about 4 years ago. It’s a pretty safe bet that the later ones are compatible but I can have a look at my files and see if I can find a receipt with part number.
From memory it was only about NZ$250.

That’s actually the main problem with JP-Carparts site. They don’t tell you the superseded part numbers and Toyota often updated the part numbers between years with essentially no, or minor, changes. Even Toyota dealer’s own parts database doesn’t automatically cross-reference the updated part numbers, they seem to actually have to look for it.

Welding cast iron manifolds can be very problematic.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 1:01 pm

That was quick. Found it.
I actually have the 1995 4WD. The part that Toyota supplied was 1714167020 paid NZ$273

ajplowe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Here you go.
The website EPC-Data has better cross referencing of updated part numbers. Don’t know your specific model but as an example here’s their entry for the manifold for mine. Hope it helps you find your model.
https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/kzh106w/109740/engine/1701/17141/
Back to top Go down
Jaadle63
Jaadle63

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2016-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 3:55 pm

If it's a 1KZ-TE engine all I can tell you is here in Australia the Hilux Surf and the Landcruiser Prado of the same vintage both have the 3.0 turbo 1KZ engine. As far as I know the only real difference it both those models are intercooled.

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
ajplowe

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 11:12 pm

Thank you for the input and links. I've ordered the most "recent" manifolds and will see what they look like when they arrive. I'll post back on what I find out.
Back to top Go down
ajplowe

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2021 6:38 am

Final update. The new, more modern intake and exhaust manifolds worked and the engine is working great. Case closed.

Shout out to Roamer NW who did all the work.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Cool.

Happy ending!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intake manifold compatibility   Intake manifold compatibility Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intake manifold compatibility
Page 1 of 1