Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black smoke going up hills

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

Black smoke going up hills Empty
PostSubject: Black smoke going up hills   Black smoke going up hills Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:32 pm

My LH119 (3L diesel engine) puffs out quite a lot of black smoke when going uphill, and sometimes, when first started from cold.  I'm getting about 25 MPG and the performance is generally okay, can get up to 70mph and above on motorways without difficulty, although going uphill does slow me down.  Should I be worried about the black smoke on hills? When it happens, easing off on the throttle cuts down the smoke a lot (although I end up going uphill even slower).  Any suggestions?  Nick
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Black smoke going up hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black smoke going up hills   Black smoke going up hills Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 6:41 am

How's the air filter? Any other possible obstructions in the air intake? If not you may need to back down the fuel adjustment on the injector pump very slightly as it sounds that you are slightly over-fuelling.
Back to top Go down

Black smoke going up hills
Page 1 of 1