Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 52
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts? Empty
PostSubject: Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts?   Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 9:19 pm

I plan on replacing my engine and transmission mounts this weekend on my 1KZ-TE Hiace.  I have access to a friend's engine hoist for the day.  I've done a bunch of mechanical work already on the van but wanted to see if anyone can share the rough procedure to do the task and any tips and tricks to make the process pain free?  Very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts?   Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 12:11 am

No, but see here for a thread on the trans mount:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4193-trans-mount

Assume there are many threads about this, but this is the only one I've contributed to.

I'd imagine the process is common across the range, but prob worth seeing what else in on the Forum? That post shows I have some skin in the game so interested to see how you get on, especially with what needs to be disconnected for that mount, etc.

I think there are also some posts on doing the mounts w/o an engine hoist. Can I ask that you take a lot of pictures, post these and best of luck! While I don't have the same engine, please PM me over the weekend if you need help if I can be useful. I think the trans mount is fairly easy if you can get the subject lowered for tool access / clearance. Interested to know if you disconnect the drive shaft for example?

I've not really explored the engine mounts but I suppose you are well into this and have the necessary bits.

Why are you replacing?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 52
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts?   Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 6:25 pm

I appreciate the insight. Will scour to get all the info I need. I inspected my mounts with a little wifi borescope and they look to be trashed. I'll get pictures during the process.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts?   Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips and tricks to replacing the engine and trans mounts?
Page 1 of 1