Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Replacing engine mounts without a hoist?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Empty
PostSubject: Replacing engine mounts without a hoist?   Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 5:45 pm

I've got my 93 Super Custom 1KZ van taken apart in the garage for the camping upgrades and figured I would replace my engine and transmission mounts as they have gone bad. Has anyone replaced their mounts without using a hoist? I have a high lift floor jack and was wondering if it can be done with that and some type of adaptions? I'd appreciate any insight.

topherwillis likes this post

Back to top Go down
OKJDM
Not so new now
Not so new now
OKJDM

Number of posts : 41
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : '97 SC 4x4 1KZ turbo - Project camper

(Also '92 JZX90 MKII & '03 JZX110 BLIT Wagon)
Registration date : 2021-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Replacing engine mounts without a hoist?   Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 2:27 am

How did you go? End up changing the mounts at home?
Bout to tackle this myself this arvo.

topherwillis likes this post

Back to top Go down
topherwillis
topherwillis

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Kyoto, Japan
Model and year : 1998 KZH138 Hi-Ace Full Time 4WD 3.0 Diesel
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Replacing engine mounts without a hoist?   Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 12:31 am

I’m following this thread, as I am in the same situation with my 98 KZH-138.
Back to top Go down
OKJDM
Not so new now
Not so new now
OKJDM

Number of posts : 41
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : '97 SC 4x4 1KZ turbo - Project camper

(Also '92 JZX90 MKII & '03 JZX110 BLIT Wagon)
Registration date : 2021-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Replacing engine mounts without a hoist?   Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 5:03 am

So i tackled passengers side the other day with success
Without a hoist.
... Yes it took way longer only to the fact the aftermarket mounts had a slight difference.
After much swearing, more beers, a walkaway & a re-think .. Found the issue , turns out the bottom plate footprint on the replacement was wider & because of this the 2 little knuckles on the rail were preventing it from slotting in...
as seen in the pics, the scribed lines of how much i had to cut off.
Yes the mounts are different from the previous however these mounts suit a wide range of 1kz's (surf, Prado etc)

Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Mount310
Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Mount210
Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Mount110

Turbo side mounts seem to look ok (which is common due to the fact on load the engine tilts left )
When i find more patience , I will tackle the turbo side..Which is gona be a pest.
Unfortunately i think the easiest, longest way to do them is by removing the turbo as the top bolt on the mount is near impossible to access.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing engine mounts without a hoist?   Replacing engine mounts without a hoist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacing engine mounts without a hoist?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: