Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DavidS

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Brisbane, Australia
Registration date : 2021-09-04

1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light Empty
PostSubject: 1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light   1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:23 am

Hello,

I recently ticked over 200,000km and so the timing belt light came on. I had a mechanic change the timing belt - all good.

I reset the timing belt light myself to save the mechanics time (and my money!). To reset the timing belt light I followed some instructions I found to access the dashboard circuit board and move the timing belt screw from one hole to another. Put it all back together - all good - timing belt now off.

But...

The SRS airbag light has come on and won't go off.

I reached out to a local auto-electrician. Unfortunately, due to the age of the car, he didn't have the required DLC connector, or a DLC/OBD converter. He did manage to find a non-scanner based option involving earthing a couple of pins on the DLC port to display the fault code. This showed up as "22" which is an SRS fault.

To reset the code, there's supposed to be a process of earthing pins a couple of times. I've followed this process several times, to no avail.

I've checked the airbag connectors and everything looks fine, but still the fault light won't reset.

So - wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and how they went about correcting it? Or any other suggestions as to what to do next would be appreciated.

Thanks, David.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light   1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 pm

Just a random thought - did you try moving the timing-belt screw back to the previous position?

DavidS likes this post

Back to top Go down
DavidS

PostSubject: Re: 1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light   1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 3:31 am

I did! The timing belt light came back on - and the SRS light was still on. Sad
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: 1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light   1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 8:19 am

A thought:
When the mechanic changed the belt he would have removed the seat(s) to remove the access covers. There will be a connector under the seat which will have been unplugged to get the seat out, which is for the seat occupancy sensor switch. Are you sure that the plug has been plugged back in?

DavidS likes this post

Back to top Go down
DavidS

PostSubject: Re: 1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light   1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2021 8:08 am

Thanks, I'll have a look and see if I can spot anything Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light   1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1996 HiAce Super Custom: SRS Light
Page 1 of 1