Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk

Go down 
+2
Andonic
RupertofOZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RupertofOZ

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Gerringong
Registration date : 2023-08-05

Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Empty
PostSubject: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2023 3:43 am

Hi, anyone wrecking, or have a light switch assembly stalk to fit a 1996 Super custom G

Original part 84112-80063 - (with fog lights).. or part number 84112-80175 - (without fog lights)

Or any other part that might fit or be adapted

My stalk literally fell apart today... two weeks before registration is due

Indicators still work, but no park lights, headlights (hi beam flick still works), or cluster lightsDesperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk 36805410

lesmattey@gmail.com likes this post

Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 152
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2023 6:35 pm

I think that so long as it still turned and the lights worked ( try it with pliers ) I'd be tempted to just make the end bit out of anything the right sort of size and epoxy it on. You could stick a small rubber bouncy ball on it or if you drilled a hole in a piece of round wood, smoothed and stained/ polished it you'd have a "de luxe" switch. Just like how people change their gear shifter knobs to skulls and eight balls.

My roof vent handle fell apart and I took the vent mechanism to an engineer who made a simple t bar out of two bits of aluminium and I attached it with a split pin. I think it looks better than a plastic one, you can also remove the vent's insect screen without taking anything off you just pull out the t bar and it slides over it.

Andonic likes this post

Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2023 10:34 am

NickZ wrote:

My roof vent handle fell apart and I took the vent mechanism to an engineer who made a simple t bar out of two bits of aluminium and I attached it with a split pin. I think it looks better than a plastic one, you can also remove the vent's insect screen without taking anything off you just pull out the t bar and it slides over it.

Hi NickZ could you post a photo of that? Just what I need! THanks. NickA
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2023 4:27 pm

I will when I get my van back in December, it's in a container at the moment heading off to South America.

What you need is a metal rod with a big hole drilled in it ( not deep ) to fit over the outer part of the mechanism and a smaller hole to go over the inner thinner bit that turns. There's a hole in the rod the handle goes on and that's where I put the split pin. T bar is a t bar anywhere you want, but make sure it's removable for the screen, mine is held in place with tight fitting rubber rings.

The critical bit is lining up the split pin hole and getting the main bar to fit over the mechanism that's why I took it to an engineer so he could get all the really accurate measuring tools on it... I tried making one out of a lawnmower handle tightening knob but it went horribly wrong !
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 277
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2023 8:31 am

Hi - I came across this when looking for something else. it's for the petrol version (RZH101) but I can't think it's any different: https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detail/Electrical-Parts/Combination-Switches/PA86483852/?buynow=1
Back to top Go down
lesmattey@gmail.com

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Chard, Somerset
Registration date : 2022-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2023 10:03 am

I found several Chinese-manufactured light switch assemblies on Ebay. Mine was a complete steering column unit integral with direction indicator switches but always the wrong connector. So you may find a straight swap or adapt a new one to fit.
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 6:31 pm

Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk 20240414
Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk 20240415

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 6:33 pm

Andonic, sorry it took so long to get the photos..Hope they can still be helpful.

Ps. Doing this on a phone is a nightmare !
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 8:37 am

This one has me no idea what it is.
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 2:18 pm

It's a thing to open the roof vent. Nothing whatsoever to do with the original post but it sort of explains about it in the thread and Andonic wanted to see it..

I can understand the confusion.

" I need a super custom light stalk."

" No problem here's something I made earlier it opens the roof vent !"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk   Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desperately in need - 1996 Super Custom G light stalk
Page 1 of 1