Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan Belt(s)? part numbers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dartnmartn@live.com

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Avon
Model and year : 1994 HIACE super custom
Registration date : 2021-05-14

Fan Belt(s)? part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Fan Belt(s)? part numbers   Fan Belt(s)? part numbers Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 11:51 am

Just drove my daughter's "New" HIACE from 3 Rivers Michigan to Indianapolis yesterday.
All went well until we tried to start it in Indy (after 10 starts and 200kms of driving since dealership...)
Flop flop slapping noises.

1994 1KZ-TE

Super Custom

Lift engine cover to find no fan belt(s).  it or they are all wadded up amongst the fan etc.  It was hot so I chose not to delve into it last night.

Anyone got a part number that I can use in the USA for a new fan belt(s).

It looks from the diagrams I am seeing that there are 2 belts?  If so, they are both off.  Yikes!

Thanks for a HIACE newbie!
Back to top Go down
kelt2
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 68
Home City : portland
Registration date : 2018-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Fan Belt(s)? part numbers   Fan Belt(s)? part numbers Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 8:44 pm

hi, here are all the part numbers for the belts:

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/hiace-38414/kzh106-54715/kzh106w-mrpgt-909799/v-belt-17718816

I use megazip to source the parts numbers then order them from parts souq

Ie - https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=90916-02385

But you can probably cross reference the parts numbers to find a corresponding one here in the usa.

Parts Souq are pretty fast shipping from Dubai - usually 4-5 days

Charlotte likes this post

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Fan Belt(s)? part numbers   Fan Belt(s)? part numbers Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Good Morning.

I think I can help. The Hiace 1KZ-TE uses a 1/2 inch wide, 46 inch long belt for the AC. Common part number at Autozone would be 17460. You can go longer a little bit but shorter would be a huge struggle. The belt is on 79 Toyota pickup in their parts catalog.

Your belt broke though. If you also need:

The idler pulley, it is a Gates 38036 or Dayco 89039 off the 82-95 Toyota PU’s or 88-92 LandCruiser.

The A/C Compressor, it is a Denso 10PA17C (the VBelt Clutch one) off a 93-97 LandCruiser.

I love Megazip but the shipping is often a month or longer and OE parts are limited and very expensive. You could hit rock auto and buy brand new belts, compressor, alternator, tensioner, and probably 600 dollars in beer for what it would take to find an original Denso AC Compressor with manifold from Japan in a Toyota box…but they actually don’t exist anymore anyway.

I’ve got my wife’s van running perfectly. It pulls Washington hills at 80mph with both AC’s on and a cool engine. If you need anything else please let me know.

RoamerTX likes this post

Back to top Go down
kelt2
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 68
Home City : portland
Registration date : 2018-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Fan Belt(s)? part numbers   Fan Belt(s)? part numbers Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 3:11 pm

I didnt say to use megazip to purchase - i said i use the exploded diagrams on megazip to find OEM part numbers which i then cross reference locally, OR order from parts souq if theyre not something i can cross ref. And there are a LOT of parts that you cant as you know. Parts souq deliver from dubai in as little as 4-5 days.

If this dudes daughter just bought one of these over here in the USA shes going to HAVE to get used to looking at parts diagrams and sourcing things herself whether than be interchanging part numbers or ordering OEM. If she dosent (or her dad dosent keep helping her) shes not going to do well as a usa hiace owner.

Even when you find parts - if you live outside of oregon or washington finding a mechanic that dosent just turn you away point blank for even simple repairs can be entirely "normal"

I had hiaces in australia for a long time and because you can get non jdm hiaces there any mechanic will work on them, over here its not the case. Good if you have a mechanically inclined relative to work on things for you. If you dont - it can be way tougher. Ive got mysterous rattles and a leak on mine currently and live in a small town in OR and no-one will even look at it.

Back to top Go down
notjofré

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Bham
Registration date : 2021-05-26

PostSubject: Thank you!   Fan Belt(s)? part numbers Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 6:52 pm

blgravely wrote:
Good Morning.

I think I can help. The Hiace 1KZ-TE uses a 1/2 inch wide, 46 inch long belt for the AC. Common part number at Autozone would be 17460. You can go longer a little bit but shorter would be a huge struggle. The belt is on 79 Toyota pickup in their parts catalog.

Your belt broke though. If you also need:

The idler pulley, it is a Gates 38036 or Dayco 89039 off the 82-95 Toyota PU’s or 88-92 LandCruiser.

The A/C Compressor, it is a Denso 10PA17C (the VBelt Clutch one) off a 93-97 LandCruiser.

As a new Hiace Super custom limited owner (94 3.0 diesel) that is mid road trip and currently in the Colorado Rockies---thank you so much for that info.

Having the idler pulley, belt and AC unit in the van for the trip back to the PNW is HUGE piece of mind!

Much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Belt(s)? part numbers   Fan Belt(s)? part numbers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Belt(s)? part numbers
Page 1 of 1