Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slide door sensors replacement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beeaddams

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Katoomba
Registration date : 2018-02-18

Slide door sensors replacement  Empty
PostSubject: Slide door sensors replacement    Slide door sensors replacement  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 5:11 am

Slide door sensors replacement  74a94110
Slide door sensors replacement  929f0510Hi hi, anyone have any links or advice on replacing my slide door sensors for my 1996 auto turbodiesel girly. 

Photos included 

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Slide door sensors replacement    Slide door sensors replacement  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 am

Those aren't sensors, they're just contact strips which complete circuits to things inside the slider when it is closed. There are corresponding contacts on the vehicle body and door. Replacements should be obtainable from a wrecker if they're not already damaged, look closely before accepting and it may pay to get both parts of each pair to be sure.

thisissimple likes this post

Back to top Go down
shaggy0928
Not so new now
Not so new now
shaggy0928

Number of posts : 44
Home City : Denver, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Slide door sensors replacement    Slide door sensors replacement  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 pm

I just got finished taking my doors apart. The door side contact points both have clips maybe 6-9" along the wire inside the door.

However, when I took the corresponding parts of the contact off the pillar side I didn't see any place it disconnected. So on that side you might be looking at some soldering.
Back to top Go down
thisissimple
thisissimple

Number of posts : 18
Home City : Lake Forest Park, USA
Model and year : 93 KZH106 Super Custom
Registration date : 2019-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Slide door sensors replacement    Slide door sensors replacement  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 5:22 pm

If you can find a tenco part number, you can always try to track that part down on Yahoo japan auctions. That's my go to. It's never cheap, but I can frequently find the part I need. Use DHS for shipping, Japan post isn't functioning for out of country delivery very well yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slide door sensors replacement    Slide door sensors replacement  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slide door sensors replacement
Page 1 of 1