Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal Empty
PostSubject: Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal   Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 8:11 pm

After some thorough testing this morning to see if my windscreen was leaking, I determined that my driver's-side front sunroof drain is the culprit.

A few questions:

• Does anyone have experience with unclogging these drains? I've located where the drain tubes exit the body, but haven't tried feeding string trimmer line up them yet.
  • Any tips on removing the front headliner?
  • Can I just detach the front-most portion of the headliner and get access to the drains, or does the rear A/C trim cover have to be removed as well so the entire front headliner can be dropped?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal   Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 12:41 am

Well, that was educational, though brought me no closer to locating the source of the leak. A few observations:

You can get access to the front drains of the front sunroof without removing the headliner entirely. Good thing because you have to drop the rear AC unit to completely remove the headliner...hard pass!

It helps to tuck the a-pillar trim behind the headliner, gives you just a little more room to explore.

I thought the turn the drain hose makes when entering the pillar might have worn a hole in it, since it is up against a fairly sharp metal edge, but mine was ok.

There was a piece of bark in one of the channels, but it was toward the rear, and both drains were flowing freely, even when pouring a lot of water into the channels.

Through all the testing this day there were no leaks, so now I'm back to square one as to what's causing it.

Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal Pxl_2023

shaggy0928 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Leaking Front Sunroof Drain - Headliner Removal
Page 1 of 1