Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oil cooling pipe in front of radiator leaking, LH129

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thebollylot
thebollylot

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Bollington
Model and year : Super Custom 4WD 1995
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Oil cooling pipe in front of radiator leaking, LH129 Empty
PostSubject: Oil cooling pipe in front of radiator leaking, LH129   Oil cooling pipe in front of radiator leaking, LH129 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 11:16 am

Hi,

Been sometime since I last posted (life!). Everything great with our 1995 LWB Hiace except for it has just developed a really bad oil leak from the oil cooling pipes that circle around the front of the vertical radiator. The pipes are badly corroded and because they are under pressure the small hole in one of them is resulting a high pressure jet of oil that sprays everywhere  Shocked

The garage can't find / doesn't know which parts to get to replace. I've tried to find the correct ones but am at a loss to know which to try. Does anyone have any information on good parts suppliers who would know? Or the part numbers to look for?

We've tried to fix using a length of hose but there's not enough good pipe left to attach to.

Any help would be really appreciated Smile

Thank you!

Andy
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

Oil cooling pipe in front of radiator leaking, LH129 Empty
PostSubject: Parts list with diagrams   Oil cooling pipe in front of radiator leaking, LH129 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 12:30 pm

This link is brilliant not just for finding part numbers but also for seeing the exploded diagrams: https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/figlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=106

Lots of diagrams and all the part numbers. THe link will take you directly to my model which is LH119-RRPES I think but you can also input your own model number and save the link for that

Mines a 1991 selectable 4-wheel drive long wheel base pop top 3L series engine. 3L is the engine series type not the capacity - like yours it's a 2.8 litre engine
Back to top Go down

Oil cooling pipe in front of radiator leaking, LH129
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: