Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovethatvan

Number of posts : 15
Home City : Wellington
Registration date : 2017-12-13

Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too Empty
PostSubject: Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too   Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 2:41 am

Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too 4b2f5910Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too D5ebeb10
Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too Bfd25610It's a 1kzte. So I'm doing the timing belt. I'm also trying to fix an oil leak. I had suspected the cam shaft, but after taking off the timing plate I'm still not certain. I have in my timing kit three seals. I'm wondering if one is for the crankshaft/harmonic balancer? 

How do you undo the bolt for the crank without turning the injector pump?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too   Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Interesting thread, I need to do mine at some stage.
There may be a way to lock the teeth via the starter motor hole, or some other way.

I don't understand the question.
You need the timing belt on for the valves to be safe while you struggle with the nut, but the pump will also turn..
... is turning the pump a problem? (I don't know).

I'd use an impact wrench for the nut: but if it's really tight you may need to warm it up a little.
Back to top Go down

Timing kit seals and how to undo crank too
Page 1 of 1