Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ROOFLIGHT SEALS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazmium
Jazmium

Number of posts : 12
Home City : London
Registration date : 2017-09-06

ROOFLIGHT SEALS Empty
PostSubject: ROOFLIGHT SEALS   ROOFLIGHT SEALS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi all,

new to posting but have read a fair few posts so am feeling optimistic.

I have a 95 hi ace cruising cabin (see pic) and its bloody brilliant but its leaking pretty badly through the roof lights. I can see some bubble rust in the side panels which I'm worried is coming from repeated ingress of water but more urgently water comes in when we're trying to sleep if its stormy!

I need to start by replacing the seals, does anyone know where I might be able to get the proper jobs rather than chancing an arm on seals direct? I feel like its going to be a bit of a long one trying to cobble something together through them.... Or maybe I'm being unkind...

Anyway, any advice most welcome!

ROOFLIGHT SEALS Van10
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

ROOFLIGHT SEALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROOFLIGHT SEALS   ROOFLIGHT SEALS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Nice van + pic.
Also the first van with those headlamp style I've seen where the headlamp mirroring is not all matt: congrats!

I suspect for the roof lights you'll get most response from a campervan place, I expect the rubber seals would be fairly standard.
Back to top Go down
TangoMobile
TangoMobile

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Stanley, Falkland Islands
Model and year : 1995
Hiace Super LWB
Custom Interior
FT 4WD & ADD
KZH138V with A340F
Registration date : 2014-07-07

ROOFLIGHT SEALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROOFLIGHT SEALS   ROOFLIGHT SEALS Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 2:27 am

Jazmium wrote:
Does anyone know where I might be able to get the proper jobs rather than chancing an arm on seals direct?

If you mean the central roof vent, it'll be a 14" x 14" Heng's. I had to replace my perspex cover and these guys were pretty good. If I remember they have the seals too. I've tried to cobble mine but with the driving rain you get here, it's not hacking it. So I'm in the market as well.

If you mean the side "windows", they may be able to help you as well. If not they'll know who to contact.

It's a firm from Gloucester and email is motorhomemedics@aol.com.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ROOFLIGHT SEALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROOFLIGHT SEALS   ROOFLIGHT SEALS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROOFLIGHT SEALS
Page 1 of 1