Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Owner questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lobolusk
lobolusk

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Boise Idaho
Model and year : RZH101G-MFPQE
1993 Super Custom Limited 2wd
Registration date : 2021-02-16

New Owner questions  Empty
PostSubject: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Hey ,

I apologize if this not the right forum to post in I tired to search these answers before I posted this. i bought a JDM 1993 super custom limited 2wd and I love it I am in Boise Idaho and need to get a few questions answered.

1. Dome light I have replaced the bulb and the dome light fuse is there a secondary fuse box that I should look at? what are the trouble shootign steps to get the dome light up and running.

2. I need to replace the front driver seat belt is there a place to order this online? and instructions to replace it.

3. wheel sizes I want to get a second pair of wheels and tires for snow what are the wheel dimensions

4. back rear curtain button doesnt work I have wd40d the rear curtains and they still don't move what is the corresponding fuse to look at.

5. the steering wheel up and down button wont move the column up or down the ECU B fuse is all good so what are the next steps.

6. changing the oil in the usa what size oil filter do I need for the 2.4 and how many quarts of oil and is there a step by step guide on how to do it? I never owned a van with the engine under the passenger seat before.

6. what is the deal with doily seat covers that came with it is that a regular thing?

7. fixing the power curtains is there a place online where i can order replacement parts?
Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 52
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

PostSubject: Re: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 10:40 pm

hey there.  what is your full van model code (it listed under the piece of carpet when lifting the passenger seat to get to the engine OR under the tab that pops up on the driver side next to the seat on the right hand side)?  from there you can use a site like https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/cartypelist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140 to look at the different sections of the cars to get the toyota part numbers as well as others giving you links to the comparable manuals with electrical diagrams.

Crispy likes this post

Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 9:09 pm

The dome lamp has I think only one fuse, that does loads of different things, I think it's marked on the inside of the fuse cover. Also the front dome lamp is on a different set of door switches than the rear set.

The front dome lamp manual switches can get a bit tired and may benefit from deoxit switch cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 2:45 am

The seat doilies are a relatively common thing in Japan. You still see them in taxis today.

Standard wheel/tyre size is 215/70-15 (at least on the 4WD it is). I use Miata.net tire calculator for matching circumferences. https://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 3:06 am

Seat belt is tricky but straight forward if that’s not an oxymoron.
Just did mine using a belt from a wrecked Previa. But even that was an aftermarket belt which just happened to match my buckle and colour.
To remove, the whole belt comes out with the long plastic B pillar panel that the belt goes through.
To remove it’s straight forward, just undo the bolt at the bottom of the belt, the bolt securing the belt guide to the adjuster and the philips head screw in the middle of the plastic B pillar panel under the belt. Then yank off the plastic trim strip above the door which exposes a clip or screw (can’t remember) holding the B panel in. Once the bolts and screws are out that panel just yanks out. I think there are 3 plastic panel studs. There might be a tricky metal hook where the panel meets the felt covered mid trim. Once the top and middle of the panel releases it’s pretty clear.
Once off you can unbolt the retractor mechanism AND it’s bracket from the van.

Now the tricky bit. Depending on whether the belt comes with the small trim panel around the hole in the B Panel, rather than simply feed the belt, buckle and bottom bracket through the panel you may need to take the belt off the retractor. (!)

No biggie, just fiddly. To separate the belt from the panel you have to fully unwind the belt. Jam a flathead screwdriver in the mech to stop it winding back up and then you need to remove the belt end from the reel. It’s held in with a plastic wedge. Easiest to stick a screwdriver in from the opposite side of the slot and whack and wiggle it out. Then put another screwdriver right through the slot to be sure, to be sure, it doesn’t unwind.
Oh, and take photos of the belt routing and orientation through the retractor mech.
Reassembly really is the reverse.
I’ll check the code and make of my aftermarket belt label. They’re an international thing I think.

Last edited by Pete_nz on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lobolusk
lobolusk

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Boise Idaho
Model and year : RZH101G-MFPQE
1993 Super Custom Limited 2wd
Registration date : 2021-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 3:16 pm

you guys are awesome! thanks!
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm

Here's a link to the Japanese auctions for seat belts:

Buyee.jp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner questions    New Owner questions  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Owner questions
Page 1 of 1