Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Owner and questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vert

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Wellington
Registration date : 2012-02-01

New Owner and questions Empty
PostSubject: New Owner and questions   New Owner and questions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 am

Hi,

I just bought a 1996 Super Custom 3.0 Diesel Turbo the other day as I wanted something better than my old Mitsubishi Delica.

I was wondering if there was a resource somewhere that outlined the functionality of this vehicle as it looks to have many features, I would also be interested in something like an owners manual as I didn't get one with the van.

A question though that I would like to ask right now is, with my Delica when I turned the key I had to wait for the Glow Plugs light to flash off before I started it up. I cannot find a glow plugs light on the Dash of the Super Custom, do I need to wait for the Glow plugs in this vehicle?

Another question would be the details of my Van are:

Chassis KZH100-0024039
Engine number 1KZ-0287891

Does this mean I have the fabled 1KZ-TE version? Or how would I find this out? Its a 3.0 Diesel Turbo.

Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: New Owner and questions   New Owner and questions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 am

Glow plugs...mines a 2.8...no glow light ...starting procedure for mine...ignition on, then count to 3 in summer and 5 in winter before cranking.
If ignition left on it will beep when its ready...or just before this you can hear a relay clicking off the plugs.
Engine info here...just click on your model
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/hiace/1996_8/
Owners type manuals on e-bay...but personally I wouldn't bother
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: New Owner and questions   New Owner and questions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:58 am

Yes it is a 1KZ-TE

If origional Toyata installed glow plugs no need to wait twist and go. if the plugs have been changed for aftermarket then the 3 and 5 second rule could appy - you may not have the chime as you should have the fast-glow plugs fitted.

Try what fires best, and let us know.

manual - I agree not worth it, although they are produced by a company in NZ!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner and questions   New Owner and questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Owner and questions
Page 1 of 1