Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tire Types and Sizes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shaggy0928
Not so new now
Not so new now
shaggy0928

Number of posts : 44
Home City : Denver, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-10-09

Tire Types and Sizes Empty
PostSubject: Tire Types and Sizes   Tire Types and Sizes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 pm

Hello all!

Still awaiting my SCL from Japan but am just doing some research to while away the time by researching things. After compiling a parts list to purchase, I am starting to look at tires and wheels.
According to the post-purchase inspection report it looks like the van came with Bridgestone Playz PX-RV tires that are relatively new and have good tread left making this not an urgent matter at all. However, given where I live and my eventual intended use of the van to leave the pavement as often as possible, the info that I have been able to find on these tires makes me think they won't excel at that.
Tire Types and Sizes P1013013
Tire Types and Sizes P1013012

From the photos it appears there tires are 215/70 R15 tires and from wheel-size.com it appears that the wheels are 6"x15" 30mm offset wheels. I looked at a few of the recommended alternatives and I did not find any A/T tires in those sizes.
The only tire I have found for sale in the USA that's a bit more offroady is the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. They seem like good tires, but I was wondering what other have fit out there? Did you change you wheels? Or did you just go with a different tire size and deal with the difference?

I'm not sure how region specific this question will be, but I figured I would toss it out there to see what everyone here comes up with!

ChrisGuyanaSC likes this post

Back to top Go down
ChrisGuyanaSC

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Georgetown, Guyana
Registration date : 2020-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Tire Types and Sizes   Tire Types and Sizes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Hey,
I recently purchased a SC with the 1KZE.
It has 235/75/15 shoes but, it runs a bit when turning.

I believe the springs and TBars are a bit worn so, the first order of the day after stripping the seats and carpet, is to try get raising it a bit.

Chris.
Back to top Go down
shaggy0928
Not so new now
Not so new now
shaggy0928

Number of posts : 44
Home City : Denver, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Tire Types and Sizes   Tire Types and Sizes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 12:56 am

Apologies, I found this thread after the fact:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t54-larger-tire-size?highlight=tire+size

It looks like some folks are fitting 215/75 R15 tires, which when searching yields MANY more results when searching for the kinds of A/T tires I think I'd use.

I did a bit more digging on the Bridgestone Playz PX-RV and it appears they may be a summer tire which is... not great for where I live and the time of year it is!

Anyways, more input is always welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire Types and Sizes   Tire Types and Sizes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire Types and Sizes
Page 1 of 1