Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glennza
Glennza

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Bundaberg, QLD
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Three Sunroof
Registration date : 2019-10-09

Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor? Empty
PostSubject: Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor?   Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 12:01 am

Since I've had my SC the rear sunroof hasn't worked. Finally I got around to ripping out the roof lining to see if I could fix it.

As luck would have it, I think it was just stuck. I cleaned and greased everything and put it back together.

It's working great now...except the "roof up" warning light stays on all the time!

Does anyone know how it is activated? Is there a microswitch somewhere and, more importantly, can I get to it without having to take the roof lining out again?

Many thanks, Glenn
Back to top Go down
Glennza
Glennza

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Bundaberg, QLD
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Three Sunroof
Registration date : 2019-10-09

Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor?   Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 2:07 am

Okay, I sussed it out!

You can access the rear sunroof motor without removing the roof lining, you just need to drop down the back half a bit. Remove all the fixtures up to (but not including) the large centre light.

Once you've done that, you can squeeze your hand in enough to undo the three screws that hold the motor in. Disconnect it and it comes right out. The warning sensor is a microswitch on the large motor gear. If you have it connected, hold the "close" button and it will shut off when the microswitch is triggered. The motor is now in the right position for the closed sunroof and the warning light will function correctly.

Syed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rear Sunroof Warning Light Sensor?
Page 1 of 1