Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

REAR SUNROOF

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coleyflower

Number of posts : 9
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 1994, Toyota Hiace Supercustom, KZH106, 4wd, 1KZ, Auto
Registration date : 2020-03-31

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 2:50 am

my rear sunroof won’t open or close, I can push it open myself but it won’t stay open. in my 1993 supercustom. The mechanism is still working tho. It just does not move the sunroof at all. Please help. Cheers
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 3:58 pm

This happened to mine. I had to remove and replace the entire unit. Toyota unfortunately used a plastic part for the connection between the motor/cable/end piece and the bracket attached to the glass. On mine it had broken into a bunch of pieces. I posted a thread about it on the forum below. Good luck!

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3614-rear-moonroof-not-lifting
Back to top Go down
Coleyflower

Number of posts : 9
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 1994, Toyota Hiace Supercustom, KZH106, 4wd, 1KZ, Auto
Registration date : 2020-03-31

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 am

Yea thanks for the help, same problem😕 where did you get the parts? The plastic sliders had also broke into heaps of pieces.
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 3:55 pm

I got mine from Japan, below is a link to a search for sunroofs on the Japanese Buyee auction site.

Buyee.com

And here is a direct link to one that is up for auction:

Sunroof
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 7:25 am

Hi djathens,

Great link to parts, how do you search for other parts do you use a translator, also what is it like buying used parts from japan pretty straightforward?
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 3:35 pm

I use Google Translate to generate the katakana/kanji. Generally putting in Hiace 100 in the search box is sufficient, due to the myriad of categories of parts on the site that you can drill into, and sellers do a pretty good job of adhering to these categories with their auctions. I have a number of bookmarked searches that I run through every so often to see if anything has popped up.

It has been very easy to buy parts using Buyee. They act as a proxy buying service for the Japanese Yahoo! auctions site (since people outside of Japan are barred from purchasing directly from Yahoo!) Their CSRs are great and will even ask questions of the sellers and email you the responses. Shipping isn't cheap, but EMS is at least fast (pre-pandemic at least), and has tracking. There are nice shipping options such as consolidating multiple auction wins into a single box before shipping to you, and when packages arrive at the Buyee warehouse, they can inspect, take pictures, and repackage into more protective packaging if you choose.

I have had one item be damaged in shipping due to insufficient packaging, but their shipping insurance is cheap, and they refunded me the full price of the item after I sent them photos of the box/item damage. it was actually the rear sunroof unit that was damaged, so it might be worthwhile to have Buyee inspect and shore up the packaging for this particular item.
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Cheers for the info buddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

REAR SUNROOF Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF   REAR SUNROOF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REAR SUNROOF
Page 1 of 1