Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

replacing door lock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
robw

Number of posts : 3
Home City : melbourne
Registration date : 2019-04-26

replacing door lock Empty
PostSubject: replacing door lock   replacing door lock Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 10:17 am

Hi
my drivers side lock has been destroyed by someone trying to break in. Does anyone know whether it is the same lock as any hiace, or whether a super custom lock is different I realise that I would then require two keys.
Thanks

and thanks for the replies to my last post. I couldn't see how to thank those who answered!

Rob
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: replacing door lock   replacing door lock Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 am

i think that they should be only the central locking may be a problem you could go to your local toyota dealer and ask them.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: replacing door lock   replacing door lock Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 5:51 am

Also if you do get a new / new old one a locksmith may be able to adjust the barrel to work with your key, it would be worth asking, particularly if you still have the parts of the old one.
I changed the driver's side lock on one for an acquaintance and it was a PITA to get in and out, worse still it didn't fix the problem as I think the 'new' one was as worn as the old one was!
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: replacing door lock   replacing door lock Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am

My drivers door lock started acting up would have had to fork out £200 for a full set , did a workaround for £15 of Ebay, works like this the Hiace has central locking from drivers door, buy a remote locking kit of Ebay find the remote locking relay , mine was behind glove box follow instructions to wire it in quicker than fitting new locks works a treat .
PS you can still use the key in passenger door if remote goes flat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: replacing door lock   replacing door lock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

replacing door lock
Page 1 of 1