Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering wheel adjustment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
robw

Number of posts : 3
Home City : melbourne
Registration date : 2019-04-26

Steering wheel adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 9:56 am

Hi
My Super Custom has an electric seat and electric adjustment for the height of the steering wheel. The other day when I put the key into the ignition the steering wheel moved up to its highest setting but will not come down again! Unfortunately the wheel is now blocking my sight to the dash.
There is also a manual adjustment for the wheel but releasing that does nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Steering wheel adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:44 pm

The manual adjustment lever allows the steering column to telescope in/out. My steering wheel has the electric tilt function as well, and sometimes it doesn't want to go down. Try disassembling and cleaning the contacts in the tilt switch on the left side of the steering column. I had issues with my curtain switches stopping working, due to the contacts within them being dirty. Once I cleaned the contacts, they worked fine.
Back to top Go down

Steering wheel adjustment
Page 1 of 1