Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering wheel adjustment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
robw

Number of posts : 3
Home City : melbourne
Registration date : 2019-04-26

Steering wheel adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 am

Hi
My Super Custom has an electric seat and electric adjustment for the height of the steering wheel. The other day when I put the key into the ignition the steering wheel moved up to its highest setting but will not come down again! Unfortunately the wheel is now blocking my sight to the dash.
There is also a manual adjustment for the wheel but releasing that does nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 6:16 pm

I haven't got this - have you checked the fuses? It could be due to a poor switch I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
Bigman1207
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Home City : Deeping st James
Registration date : 2016-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 8:17 pm

The manual release is not up and down it is for in and out if that makes sense. I have same issue.
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 8:12 pm

I have this option on my van, and sometimes the wheel won't go all the way down to the memorized position, but fiddling with the switch will get it to move. Sometimes the switch doesn't work, but fiddling with it prevails. It hasn't gotten bad enough to drive me to remove and clean the switch, but like GPW says, fuses or loose connections could be part of it. I had to disassemble and clean some other switches in my van to get them working again.
Back to top Go down
nautilus

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2019-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 3:56 am

A bit late but I had this problem on my SC and I temporarily fixed it (need to properly grease it next time) by removing the shroud and removing the metal plate (vertical) that encases a little gear box. It translates the linear actuator's motion onto a plastic gear that's mounted on the shaft that was frozen on mine. By taking a wrench to the shaft that the plastic gear is on, I was able to get it moving again. It had frozen up from sitting too long. If it's an electrical issue, I haven't dealt with that yet. You could rotate the shaft until it's in the position you want it to be in at least.

Francq likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment   Steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel adjustment
Page 1 of 1