Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wiper arm replacement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mankey
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 37
Home City : Brackley
Registration date : 2017-03-13

Wiper arm replacement Empty
PostSubject: Wiper arm replacement   Wiper arm replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi Y'all
Had a search, but couldn't see anything on how to do a straight replacement if not broken.

I'd like to remove the wiper arms to sandblast them and re-paint them as they're pretty tatty. How do I do it? Looking at the megazip parts image, it looks like there's a cover over the nut? Does it just pivot up? It looks to be fixed, but i guess there's a way to lift it?

Thanks

Matt
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Wiper arm replacement   Wiper arm replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 10:24 am

I don't know, mine just has some visible nuts that you can just unscrew. Maybe you have to take off some kind of cap.
But take care, because removing them can be difficult and you don't want to mess up your windscreen.

To me it seems easier to just tilt them away from the windscreen, and then use sandpaper, and paint them while they are still on there. If it is not too bad.
Back to top Go down
mankey
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 37
Home City : Brackley
Registration date : 2017-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Wiper arm replacement   Wiper arm replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Y
They need more than a rub over with some wet and dry. Removing and sand blasting is the way forward with them. Will have a snoop around and work out how the cover is released.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Wiper arm replacement   Wiper arm replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Removed mine to paint them the cover does swing back wiper arm held on by hex nut taper shaft to remove pull forward with something like open ended spanner then a tap with a hammer and it will pop of simple.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Wiper arm replacement   Wiper arm replacement Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 pm

My wipers have a little plastic cover over the nuts that hold them on. You can just pull these off. Then it's just standard nut removal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
AM Camper
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 26
Home City : Reading
Model and year : 1997 Hiace Campervan 2.8 diesel poptop AM Craft
Registration date : 2017-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Wiper arm replacement   Wiper arm replacement Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 5:01 pm

FYI  I have just replaced my front windscreen wipers as both rubber blades started to split. Went to Halfords and asked if they sold wipers for hook shaped wiper arms suitable for Hiace import. Last time I went there they were unable to help. But this time a young assistant got me sorted. 21" wiper on drivers side and 18" on passenger side. They opened two seperate boxes of different sizes without any surcharge, which saved me guessing sizes and ordering two pairs on ebay. Still, like you, would like to find an affordable source for wiper arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiper arm replacement   Wiper arm replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiper arm replacement
Page 1 of 1