Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wiper Faliure and replacement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
o2rush

Number of posts : 1
Home City : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Wiper Faliure and replacement Empty
PostSubject: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:27 pm

Hello to all from the Land of the long white cloud (NZ).
The passenger side wiper on my 90 Supercustom has just packed up due to completly stripping the teeth. It will need to be replaced, and without really haveing a look, I am assuming that the dash will have to be removed to get to it. Has anyone had to do this, and how long should I allow, and where are the main bolts located to remove the dash if required.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:58 pm

Hey How are you doing... I hope you dont mind me moving this to mechanical...

Good to see some members from further afield.. sunny

I havent looked at the wipers personally but am confident someone will answer your query.

Hope to see you here regularly.. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
NiallDarwin
NiallDarwin

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Raglan, NZ
Model and year : 5 x '03 HiAce 2.4l Campers
1 x '02 HiAce 2.4l Camper
Registration date : 2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm adding my question here as it seems appropriate.

I'm trying to replace the wiper pivots on one of my vans. I've got the dash out and still I don't have access. The fan & blower assembly's still in the way and it looks like I may have to start taking the front of the van apart to get to these fixings.

Before starting this I feel someone must know a better way? This is tons of work!

Let me know if you've done this and have a cunning plan or if I've just got to slog away until there's nothing left of the front of the van?

Thanks =)
Back to top Go down
http://piwiwiwi.co.nz
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

Sadly loads of stuff to come out first, and depending on model you may have to remove the cross brace.
Back to top Go down
NiallDarwin
NiallDarwin

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 am

An well, at least I asked!

The fan & blower assy look like they need to come out but I'm not sure where all the fixings to do this are. It looks like some are from outside the van at the front. Is this so?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 am

If it is a bonnet version then maybe, otherwise all from inside.
Back to top Go down
NiallDarwin
NiallDarwin

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Done! Wharra lorra work...
Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 am

serious ballache , me id be liquid metaling on a new arm plus drilling a hole and taping it to allow a screw to also hold it down , its that or if it were me my passengers going to live with not seeing where were going
Back to top Go down
NiallDarwin
NiallDarwin

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am

Quote :
serious ballache , me id be liquid metaling on a new arm plus drilling a hole and taping it to allow a screw to also hold it down , its that or if it were me my passengers going to live with not seeing where were going

Our customers are chilled people but I don't think they'd go for any of that Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiper Faliure and replacement   Wiper Faliure and replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiper Faliure and replacement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: