Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air bag warning light and trailer.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Air bag warning light and trailer. Empty
PostSubject: Air bag warning light and trailer.   Air bag warning light and trailer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 4:47 am

Hi everyone, I hooked up my trailer to the SC for the first time today to see if it needed anything doing to suit the SC better. Need a slightly longer tongue on the towbar for better clearance, but when I ran the engine, the airbag light came on in the dash. I searched my fuses and found the AM2 20A fuse was blown. Anyone know what that is? Also, the warning went away after quite a while and when I tried the trailer again it came back briefly. Disconnected the trailer plug and it was ok again. All the lights on the van and trailer work fine, just the airbag warning light coming on. The AM2 fuse did not blow again so maybe it was blown already?

As far as towing, the trailer went well. Sits at perfect height too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Air bag warning light and trailer.   Air bag warning light and trailer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:07 am

AM2 fuse is for the fuel heater, starter relay and injector.(so the book says)

Did it still start with that fuse blown ?
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.

PostSubject: Re: Air bag warning light and trailer.   Air bag warning light and trailer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 am

Admin wrote:
AM2 fuse is for the fuel heater, starter relay and injector.(so the book says)

Did it still start with that fuse blown ?

I drove it around with the trailer on like that lol! .
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Air bag warning light and trailer.   Air bag warning light and trailer. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:50 am

Just re-visiting this old thread. I went over the plug and socket connections on trailer and van and cleaned plus sprayed with moisture dispersant (WD40) and cleaned the trailer light connections too. It now works perfectly. Must have had a short from some water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air bag warning light and trailer.   Air bag warning light and trailer. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air bag warning light and trailer.
Page 1 of 1