Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1991 Hiace Composer Camper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smifter

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Bristol UK
Registration date : 2017-09-02

1991 Hiace Composer Camper Empty
PostSubject: 1991 Hiace Composer Camper   1991 Hiace Composer Camper Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 am

Hi, I bought a fixer upper project earlier this year, it's a 1991 2.8d Composer LWB Campervan, its needs a bit of beauty treatment and it's a slow old bus but ive had a great summer with lots of weekend away adventures and the plan is to tour round France and Italy next year as it's a winter project to make it stand out. I'm halfway through a striking purple/white rustoleum repaint on the cheap which needs a few more weekends hard work and I've got plans to refresh the tired interior.

I've got a question I hope someone can help with, firstly it's sprung a water leak that appears to be a constant drip from the timing cover - I suspect it's the water pump and I'm sure I can hear some clicking noises from the pump area. The engine runs nicely an no signs of leaks or head gasket type symptoms (I used to own and build Dolomite Sprints so I know what to look for!)

Does anyone know a decent honest garage who knows these vans well in the Bristol/Gloucestershire area who could replacethe pumpand dothe belts at the same time?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Smifter

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Bristol UK
Registration date : 2017-09-02

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Hiace Composer Camper   1991 Hiace Composer Camper Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 11:11 am

1991 Hiace Composer Camper Img_2310
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Hiace Composer Camper   1991 Hiace Composer Camper Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 am

Hi welcome! it looks nice.

Sounds like the waterpump indeed.
I would recommend flushing the system (including interior heater) a couple of times with water, so you get all the dirt out of the system. Then, you won't have any cooling issues in France and Italy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Hiace Composer Camper   1991 Hiace Composer Camper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1991 Hiace Composer Camper
Page 1 of 1