Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

camper heater options: '92 Composer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

camper heater options: '92 Composer Empty
PostSubject: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey now, we just got back from our first very enjoyable weekend in Somerset. Days were sunny and the apples ripe for scrumping.
Only cloud on horizon was that it was FREEZING at night and we realised just how inadequate the cabin heater is. I think it just heat sinks from the exhaust or engine and as such gives you warmth for about 20mins after stopping. The other 10 or so hours of night is cold cold cold.
So what are the options? Anyone installed diesel heating? Difficult?
Advice or opinions welcome. We'd like to try some trips through the late autmn/winter but it would be a nightmare with this.

Marko
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Fitting a Diesel heater was easy for someone on a Townace. I can't see the Hiace being any different. Only draw back was the price of the unit, and can't think of the name.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Eberspacher.....and there is also one begining with W.....problem with the grey cells No
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Webasto - or Mikuni - I've a Mikuni in my Hiace but I prefer the Eberspacher I fitted into my previous Bongo - it had more temperature control and was quieter.

I spent around 10 hours fitting it but had to drill two 63mm holes through the baulkheads and pipe it up to the fuel tank
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Eberspacher that's it and boy did it kick out some heat and only a slight drone/vibration.
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:35 pm

Well I chickened out of the DIY thing and bought a DeLonghi Bambino oil radiator. Obviously it needs a hookup but does heating a treat.
Am wondering if it could be run while driving and left on very low once stopped in the event that no power hook-up is available.
Don't know what it draws when the thermostat is set low.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:42 pm

If its the small 500w you could probably run from inverter connected to the vehicle battery whilst on the move only......don't think it would stay hot that long though once stopped?
I would'nt use it without the engine on though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: camper heater options: '92 Composer   camper heater options: '92 Composer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

camper heater options: '92 Composer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: