Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radio removal from 1991 Hiace

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pjpern

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Basingstoke
Model and year : Toyota Hiace 1991 2.8 Diesel 3L Automatic Camper
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Radio removal from 1991 Hiace Empty
PostSubject: Radio removal from 1991 Hiace   Radio removal from 1991 Hiace Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi, Can someone tell me how to remove the radio/cd player from a '91 Hiace please. It all seems to be one piece in the front so do I have to take the whole thing off and if so, how - very much the beginner here so the simpler the better.
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Radio removal from 1991 Hiace   Radio removal from 1991 Hiace Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:31 am

the front piece has to come off to take it out. if you are planning on replacing it with a new stereo, I'd recommend observing and labeling the wires on the back so you know where they go and what they are for. there is also a bay underneath the radio (the "free box" on mine) where a second stereo can go. I plan on doing this in the future. Also, there is a section on this forum called "sparky lives here." Post there for anything electrical.
Back to top Go down
pjpern

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Basingstoke
Model and year : Toyota Hiace 1991 2.8 Diesel 3L Automatic Camper
Registration date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Radio removal from 1991 Hiace   Radio removal from 1991 Hiace Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:13 pm

So how does the front peice come out? I can hardly see any screws anywhere and only bottom right hand corner pops out. Can you give a blow by blow description if you could. Sorry to post this in the wrong section.
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 83
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Radio removal from 1991 Hiace   Radio removal from 1991 Hiace Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Fiona has posted some pictures including the "hidden" screws which shows dash panel removal. This is thea same as for mine which is a 96. Not sure if a 92 is the same or not for dash removal.

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t1655-2-questions-sorry-3actually-4-lol

Cheers, Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio removal from 1991 Hiace   Radio removal from 1991 Hiace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio removal from 1991 Hiace
Page 1 of 1