Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Info on hiace

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
countzero1978
countzero1978

Number of posts : 16
Home City : edinburgh
Model and year : 98 hiace supercustom 3.0 td camper
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Hi all I'm hankering after a Hiace camper, have been for some time & it's about time I took the plunge, seen on on ebay & just wondered if anyone recognises it or knows anything as it's a very long trek for me & it would be good to get some info prior to going all the way down to see it, sadly I cant post the link but it's the Hollywood one on ebay item number 262610776209

Also if anyone has anything interesting for sale I'm all ears :-)

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:11 am

It looks ok in the listing... but is it what you want?
There are a few options with Hiaces... three different lengths of van, at least 2 diesel engine options and a choice of 2wd, 4wd or awd....
Who will use it? 2 ppl for the odd weekend or a family of 4 on extended holidays? Short trips to the west coast or long trips abroad (or Cornwall, say, as that's over 500 miles...).
Will you be towing with it?
Might you want to drive inside the M25 at any point... if so, make sure you get one that's LEZ compliant!

That van wouldn't suit my needs but might be perfect for you... and Newcastle is only a couple of hours on the train... I bought mine in London and drove it north from there.
Are you looking for a lowered bodykitted "show" van or a workhorse. The Hiace can be either, or anything in between.

Cheers,
             W.
Back to top Go down
countzero1978
countzero1978

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm looking for ideally a 2 berth, there's only me & my GF ,wheelbase doesn't massively matter ,but assume lwb is best for space & comfort,I would prefer the 4wd if possible but again I'm open to suggestions and its probably not a prerequisite , It will mostly be used for weekends away in the north of Scotland and the occasional festival, nothing too arduous I don't expect prob max 3 days at a time I've not really much experience with them so I think it will be enough for my needs but any advice would be appreciated :-) ,basically if it has cooking facilities, a bed & a sink I'll be happy may tow a small trailer or jetski ,but that's not a def, would be handy to have the facility though. I'm looking for something clean & tidy, preferably with a little bit of a look , I'm not overly concerned with the bodykit etc, although I'm not against them either, just happens that one has it .I'm finding it quite difficult to source them tbh  any tips would be handy.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 1:28 pm

I can't find it on Ebay, is it already offline?
You could just copy and paste the address in your address bar here.

Anyway, it seems like you are looking for a basic camper, and I guess any Hiace campervan will offer that.
I would choose 4wd version if you really intent to use it. That could be just using 4wd to find the best camping spot. But if you wouldn't use it at all, it would just mean carrying a lot of weight and more parts that can break/wear.

I read something about a bodykit. Please check if there is no rust buildup behind those bodykit parts. More in general I would check on rust on all the doors and round the wheels, so basically the whole lower half of the car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
countzero1978
countzero1978

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Bought the camper,all good sofar,running extremely sweet and the bodywork is almost rust free,been looking on here for manuals etc ,they seem somewhat scarce,where does everyone get their parts from?? And are there any good resources I should know about???
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Well there are several online parts systems like toyodiy.com

Parts can still be bought at the Toyota dealership if it is anything mechanical. But you should also be able to find stuff on ebay. In your case, you have the 1KZ engine, so engine related stuff could be found there. (but for example, things like an air filter will be specific to the Hiace)
Back to top Go down
countzero1978
countzero1978

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Oh cool, I assumed 1kz engine parts would be fine :-) its a couple of minor odd things I require, small trim panels behind my headlights between the light & the door ,rear wiper assembly etc .I also noticed manuals etc on here but all of the links seem to be dead :-(
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 10:09 am

I only know to get these panels for European models, you have a different grill.

I think you will have to look for wreckers. Please note that in Australia more Hiaces were sold and being wrecked for parts on internet. But check if they have the same grill.

Found this wiper motor, but it's quite expensive for a used part.
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/TOYOTA-HIACE-1991-Rear-Wiper-Motor-7761700-/322277836839?hash=item4b09418827:g:SX4AAOSwPCVX7gGL

And check if it fits with the part number
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Info on hiace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on hiace   Info on hiace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Info on hiace
Page 1 of 1