Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tracking info?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:47 pm

I seem to be taking lumps off my offside front tyre. Sad Anyone have any tracking data?
( '91 2.4 SC TD )
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 pm

No, but I found one of those hand held laser level things really useful....used angle iron to brace against the rims but found I did'nt need it...just resting the instrument on the hubs gives same result.
Parked in a straight line in a long back alley at night, car park or whatever, the laser light shows where the wheels really point over a long distance.
It highlighted what I need to do to stop the scrub...undoing the track rod is another story though.
Something to bear in mind and check though is the equality of ride hieght at each wheel. Measure each from the hub to arch...if its sunk at the front one side it can be adjusted via the torsion bar.....
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:10 pm

So chrisandhiace, can you give us a rough idea of what the tracking is? Is it a toe-in rather than than a toe-out?
Mine is 4wd and I'm wondering does that make it different to 2wd?
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:07 pm

No, I don't know for sure...seem to recall it was around the same as the townace from forums....Clive may know the tracking data for those....the figure (upto) 2 degrees from zero rings a bell....but don't hold me too it
Sorry I can't help, but if the ride hieght is equal both sides and the front wheels both face the same way its a start yes?
In any event getting a laser on each wheel in turn will tell a story
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:10 am

Townace is 0.02 degrees Toe-In plus or minus 1 degree. In other words straight ahead almost.

Hiace van positive toe in so i guess the same as above - HTH.
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Pushrod, I had the same issue last year. Turns out I was almost an inch higher on one side than the other (measured from ground to the top of the wheel well arch). I cranked up the low side torsion bar and now the front tires are wearing evenly.... Chrisandhiace is correct.

Now I have one torsion bar cranked to nearly the maximum and the other nearly halfway... Is my wishbone bent??? How does this happen?
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks, that's helpful; I must check the ride height.
I wonder with 95kg of me in the driver's seat if makes a difference too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tracking info? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking info?   Tracking info? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tracking info?
Page 1 of 1