Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Info on spares available

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
builttolast

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Newcastle NSW Australia
Model and year : Super Custom 3 L Diesel 1995.
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Info on spares available Empty
PostSubject: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:00 am

Can anyone advise where I can get a rack and pinion and tie rod ends for a 1995 super custom, or info on who can reco the rack? Any help greatly appreciated 2014-01-07
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

Number of posts : 135
Home City : hampshire
Model and year : 1993, Toyota Hiace, 2.8 diesel,
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 am

Toyota or most motor factors should be able to get them for you.
Back to top Go down
builttolast

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. Toyota (spares) here needed vehicle ID as they don't seem to recognise the model.I'm off to a spare parts dealer locally to give it a try. See how I go.
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:03 am

no problem, when i order parts from Toyota they have to order them using my chassis number, but they always get what i'm after Smile
Back to top Go down
builttolast

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:27 pm

I've found a company that recos steering racks and it appears that it is a cheaper option than new. This guy has been in the industry about 13 years so must be doing something right. He came recommended by the people that I buy spares locally, so I'm going to give it a go. Toyota here don't seem to be really interested and that is normal for them. I'll report back!
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:34 pm

hope it goes well for you Smile
Back to top Go down
builttolast

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 am

Cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

The SC rack and tie rod ends are the same as standard Hiace units I believe.
After all, the SC is just a LWB Hiace (Some are based on Commuters)
Having said all that, all bets are off when it comes to the underpinnings of the 4WD models Smile

Back to top Go down
builttolast

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi Jeff and thanks for your info. I had the rack reco'd. It had to be sent to Sydney, cost was $430 plus upper ball joints at $85 the pair,with labour and wheel alignment at $442 it comes to a tidy sum. I think the vehicle is worth it but I hope I can get a rest from the big repairs for a while.
Thanks again or your input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info on spares available   Info on spares available Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Info on spares available
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Anything for sale or needed. (for the super custom blah blah) :: I need ...-
Jump to: