Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

broken piston

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

Number of posts : 65
Home City : London
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin 1994
Registration date : 2012-08-15

broken piston Empty
PostSubject: broken piston   broken piston Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:33 am

Hi everyone,

we finished our trip a couple of weeks ago and we sold the van. I wanted to make a post to summarize this amazing journey with pictures, but our buyers already have an issue with the van, and a big one....
They had a small bang coming from the engine bay then lot of white smoke. A mechanic opened the engine to find a broken piston, with obviously damage on the cylinder as well, and coolant/water into the cylinder.

That's all I have so far, since this happened just a few weeks after the sale (but already more than 3000kms) , I really feel responsible, but at the same time, I'm curious, how is it possible to break a piston like this ? We checked the van very carefully before the sale, cooling system, new engine oil, and everything, temp gauge was working as well....

Any clue or advice is welcome here !
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

broken piston Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken piston   broken piston Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:17 pm

I had a Townace 2CT engine piston crack, no noise just smoky running hard starting and poor performance. Piston rings held it together before it was uncovered. So yes it can happen.
Did you sell it like that no.
Not your fault, how would you know, things happen.
Back to top Go down
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

Number of posts : 65
Home City : London
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin 1994
Registration date : 2012-08-15

broken piston Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken piston   broken piston Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi Clive,
thanks for your message, it's always good to have an input from a different person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

broken piston Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken piston   broken piston Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

broken piston
Page 1 of 1