Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

broken super custom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cafasol

Number of posts : 1
Home City : BULACAN
Registration date : 2012-02-01

broken super custom Empty
PostSubject: broken super custom   broken super custom Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 pm

i wana keep my van, but the engine always seems to be problematic, i was wondering wat engine would fit my van...
i also wana be able to have power...

please, suggestions..

is the 1jz a hard conversion?
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

broken super custom Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken super custom   broken super custom Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 am

Hi,
I would guess this would be a big project. If you're not doing-it-yourself, then it's likely to take quite a bit of time & money for your mechanic.... Having said that, I daresay it's feasible. I think I've seen references to Mitsubishi engines being installed.
You could try here for ideas:
http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=57

...as I think there's quite a bit of similarity between the Surf and Hiace drivetrains but I don't expect there will be much direct experience of Hiace installs and the issues faced there...

If I was doing this I'd start by looking at newer or more upmarket Toyotas that might share the drivetrain- either later model Hiaces or other 4x4s with common parts- Surf? HiLux? Landcruiser? Maybe Lexus?

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down

broken super custom
Page 1 of 1