Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flat battery - no start!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Flat battery - no start! Empty
PostSubject: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:24 pm

My battery has discharged itself over last 4 days. I've coupled up my Halfords booster and the lights work ok, but there's no dashboard display and I can't turn the ignition key! Seems like it's shut down 90% of electrics. Is there anything I can do, or am I looking at a very expensive visit from an auto-electrician who's probably never seen a supercustom before? pale
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 pm

you could have possibly blown a fuse to the dash using the booster,can you try another battery?
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:31 pm

If you can't turn the key, if its an auto transmission, it might not be in P so press the red button on the auto change and put itinto Park.
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Thanks for replies, will try everything - and let you know results! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Just spent £100 on new battery & everything now works fine - but the terminals had been butchered and the pos was upside-down ( wide taper up ) Shocked The old battery was down to 5.8 volts! Will keep a close eye on it for a week or two.......... Very Happy Er..... Managed to turn ignition key by wiggleing wheel against steering lock Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Update - found a possible cause of flat battery..... Was checking oil. etc, and noticed that the door light ( driver's side ) was coming on with the door shut! Have wiggled the contact and it seems to work ok now, but I'll investigate further when time allows. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:41 pm

Update: Put old battery on charge for a week - voltage crept up to 7.8, so it's now switched off & will get a decent funeral in due course.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat battery - no start!   Flat battery - no start! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flat battery - no start!
Page 1 of 1