Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Immobilizer Location

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ratty

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Newcastle
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Immobilizer Location Empty
PostSubject: Immobilizer Location   Immobilizer Location Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 am

I have recently purchased a HSC manufactured in February 1998. I has an alarm and immobilize installed and on the window an Autowatch alarm sticker.

Can anyone tell me where the immobilizer is located?
Back to top Go down
Ratty

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Newcastle
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Immobilizer Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immobilizer Location   Immobilizer Location Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 8:14 am

I found it.

It turned out that my alarm is manufactured by Autowatch. It is model 446RLi. As apparently is the case generally, the alarm was mounted high above the accelerator pedal. What made iot difficult to see in my case was first that I didn't know what I was looking for but second, the controller was smaller than expected and was hidden above and behind a Nokia Bluetooth system that was also installed.

Once I had the make and model number it was an easy matter to track down a manual on the web.

Why I was looking for the alarm module was that I had only one controller fob and needed additional ones. I needed to know not only the make of the alarm but also the model number and since I was going to need to train a couple of additional fobs, I needed the alarm code off the controller. All this was easy once I found the controller.

The fobs I needed were series 225-000 and I obtained them from Cyclops Security Systems in Perth Western Australia. They trade online as Dynamco Onlne Store (http://store.dynamco.com.au. The fobs cost me $68.18 each (half the price quoted by the locksmith - but he has to make a living too.) plus $9.90 shipping. Training the fobs was also easy using a set of instructions obtained on the manufacturer's web site. These differed slightly from those supplied by Dynamco when they supplied the fobs. Those supplied with the fobs were confusing and inaccurate.

Anyway, all is now well and the task completed satisfactorily.
Back to top Go down

Immobilizer Location
Page 1 of 1