Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

voltage regulator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
diamongeezer

Number of posts : 2
Home City : St. Annes
Registration date : 2014-03-01

voltage regulator Empty
PostSubject: voltage regulator   voltage regulator Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi All

Does anyone know where the voltage regulator is in a RHD 1994 supercustom with a 3L engine?

I`ve searched everywhere for the thing and can`t find it, I`ve searched the workshop manual and cant find any mention of it and yet its in the 3L engine manual.

Thanks

Lew
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

voltage regulator Empty
PostSubject: Re: voltage regulator   voltage regulator Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:36 am

Most are on and part of the alternator. Some early ones may have a remote one, remove the glove box and up on the right hand side you may find it, I don't think yours is old enough though.
Back to top Go down
diamongeezer

Number of posts : 2
Home City : St. Annes
Registration date : 2014-03-01

voltage regulator Empty
PostSubject: Re: voltage regulator   voltage regulator Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks Clive

I`ll have a look and see what I can find.

Lew
Back to top Go down
Markmark88
Not so new now
Not so new now
Markmark88

Number of posts : 39
Home City : Cronulla, Sydney.
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom limited. 3.0 turbo diesel
Registration date : 2018-06-04

voltage regulator Empty
PostSubject: Re: voltage regulator   voltage regulator Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:19 pm

Hey mate,
I have the same model and I’m pretty sure the VR is on the outer casing of the alternator and has 3 wires running from it. Mine have been cut cleanly under the driver side footwell though. Unsure if it’s redundant now or what since having ecg repaired?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

voltage regulator Empty
PostSubject: Re: voltage regulator   voltage regulator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

voltage regulator
Page 1 of 1