Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
redcore4
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Manchester
Model and year : super custom 2.4TD manual - 1992
Registration date : 2010-05-08

what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto? Empty
PostSubject: what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto?   what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 pm

my van is having its engine replaced at the moment and the guy doing it says that he needs the pulley that the crankshaft pulley bolts onto so he can put it back together.

he doesn't seem to know what it's called, and i certainly don't either!

the original pulley was removed by the first garage who looked at it and it's still on their desk but i can't get it back as i'm working.

i've ordered the main crankshaft pulley but he says he needs "the one that bolts onto" as well - can anyone tell me what it's called? cos it's nigh-on impossible to get a part you don't know the name of from the internet!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto?   what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 am

I'm guessing that it is the crankshaft pulley for the timingbelt that sits inside the timing belt cover. The other pulley is for the external drive belts and it outside the timing cover - hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
redcore4
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Manchester
Model and year : super custom 2.4TD manual - 1992
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto?   what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:02 pm

thanks - i gave up trying to google it in the end and went and retreived the old one! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto?   what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what pulley does the crankshaft pulley bolt onto?
Page 1 of 1