Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leaky diesel pump

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:07 am

Can anyone give me an indication as to the costs involved in having a fuel pump that is leaking, repaired ..I am getting allsorts of scary predictions and thought I should ask the experts ..Thanks in anticipation
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

Depends where it is leaking from, there are several bolt on bits that are sealed by a neoprene O ring, less than 1$AUS each. Or from the injector pipes maybe just need a tweak up?

If the pump needs to come off to fix it still can be done by the home mechanic for peanuts.

The only real big cost is between the low and high pressure parts of the pump, not beyond a home mechanic but many things could go wrong.
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks for your reply Clive , I have not long had a call from Toyota advising that the leak is from a couple of seals at the top of the pump and it should be ready in the morning ...bloody good news after nearly 5 weeks without our van ...
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:52 am

Just picked up the SC ..had to sit down when paying the bill tho ...$2503 ...renewed bearings ,seal,flange ,oil,element sub assembly ,injector service,repair fuel pump leak ....air filter (ordered Japan )...not happy ...have only done 5728 k since we bought it ...

cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:12 am

Yes a bit over the top but now you will have trouble free motoring for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Hinterland or Grand mate?( Gold Coast dealers) Bloody hell they didn't miss. The air filter is the same as ordinary Ace.Though if they serviced the pump it's pretty good. Reco pump $1600 odd and injectors $500 http://www.dencodiesel.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?page=store&idProduct=296&idCategory=109

Hope all is well for you now mate. I'm in today to have gearbox cheecked out and serviced
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am

The ongoing saga of the leaky pump ..Toyota fixed the leak problem , had the van back for couple weeks and now the pump has died .. It is stopping and starting so I had it towed to Toyota ..what a bunch of no hopers ..didnt know what the problem is but could investigate for around $120 ph ..In frustration I went to a mechanic nearby who put his finger straight on it ..the electrics in the pump are rs so they are preparing a quote for the warranty mob but advised me that it was around 7 hours to remove and replace same pump.pretty much over this whole saga , and will be without a van for another week ..
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:54 am

Got some news today re the pump , and has been traced to a fault in the computer , working intermitantly . Should have the van back in a couple of days after this has been fixed and not by Toyota ..
This time the costs are a bit better and not a toyota ripoff ...
I will post further info when it comes to hand ..
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 pm

just replaced governor cover gasket on the fuel injection pump and now there is no fuel to the injectors. I'm priming the system with the pump on top of the fuel filter but not starting.
Back to top Go down
CHAMRA1
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 39
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 98 Supercustom G
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Sometimes the hand pump doesn't work when completly empty .

Try using compressed air .

Get a rag and a blow gun and blow in the filler neck , Use the rag to seal the hole .

Get someone else to prime the pump while you do this .

When you fill good resistance with the hand pump you know its working and it should start.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaky diesel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaky diesel pump   Leaky diesel pump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaky diesel pump
Page 1 of 1