Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removal of Facia to remove radio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cannylad
cannylad

Number of posts : 12
Home City : South Shields
Model and year : 1999 TOYOTA HIACE 2.8 DIESEL CAMPERVAM
Registration date : 2011-09-21

Removal of Facia to remove radio Empty
PostSubject: Removal of Facia to remove radio   Removal of Facia to remove radio Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:24 am

Hi all I am trying to remove the facia around the radion so that I can replace it. In the first image the red arrows are where I can with the help of a screw driver get the facia away from the dash but in the second image I cannot get the facia away from the dash where the Yellow arrow is situated. Is there a secret screw somewhere that has to be undun. I have noticed that there are some previous screwdriver damage where someone has tried in the past. I am also afraid to say the two of them are mine. Embarassed

Can someone help me be reffering to the images as to where I can get the panel away from the dash. Please use idiot proof speak as I am as thick as two short planks when it come to these matters Rolling Eyes

Removal of Facia to remove radio Facia1

Remain fixed stubbornly to the dash at the yellow arrow. what have I omitted to do Question

Removal of Facia to remove radio Facia2

I managed to prize this part away from the radio and removed the heater control nobs

Removal of Facia to remove radio Facia3

I have removed these two screws

Removal of Facia to remove radio Facia4

Please help Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/canny.cannylad?ref=bookmarks
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Facia to remove radio   Removal of Facia to remove radio Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

in the vents next to the hazard switch there is a screw that needs to be taken out, lower the steering wheel and manouver the facia forward and out careful of the switches and the clock wireing they also need to be disconected before the facia comes away all together
Back to top Go down
cannylad
cannylad

Number of posts : 12
Home City : South Shields
Model and year : 1999 TOYOTA HIACE 2.8 DIESEL CAMPERVAM
Registration date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Facia to remove radio   Removal of Facia to remove radio Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:00 pm

ruffnut Cheers, I found the screw under the vent....sneaky little beaky. I had the facia off or almost and managed to get the radio out. Will make getting a new one more likely now that I can get it out. Once again thanks. Bus sunny
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/canny.cannylad?ref=bookmarks
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Facia to remove radio   Removal of Facia to remove radio Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:57 pm

no problems that's why we are here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Facia to remove radio   Removal of Facia to remove radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removal of Facia to remove radio
Page 1 of 1