Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do I remove the tailgate latch?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fasteddie
Not so new now
Not so new now
fasteddie

Number of posts : 60
Home City : Nr Birmingham UK
Model and year : 1994 2.8 LWB Super Custom Limited campervan
Registration date : 2007-03-24

How do I remove the tailgate latch? Empty
PostSubject: How do I remove the tailgate latch?   How do I remove the tailgate latch? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:11 am

I need to remove the latch on the rear tailgate but other than brute force I can't see how to remove the black plastic cover from the latch.

Can anyone advise me please?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the tailgate latch?   How do I remove the tailgate latch? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Can't help not done it (yet).
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the tailgate latch?   How do I remove the tailgate latch? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:17 am

The little plastic cover on the latch itself can't be removed. (well it can, but that'll root it).

To remove the latch:
* Pull off the rear door interior panel (yank it off, sharply, working the ay around the edge)
* Peel enough of the clear plastic membrane off to access the light wire junction clip.
* Separate that junction.
* Unclip the metal bar/wire with the kink in it from the door handle mechanism (rotate that little white plastic thing).
* Remove the 3x 10mm bolts that hold the latch onto the door and slide the mechanism down and out.
* Crack a beer or boil the jug for a cuppa.
* Ponder the fact that the latch itself can't be taken apart

Bullwinkle likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the tailgate latch?   How do I remove the tailgate latch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I remove the tailgate latch?
Page 1 of 1