Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speedometer head replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caijin

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Birmingham
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Speedometer head replacement Empty
PostSubject: Speedometer head replacement   Speedometer head replacement Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi, my hiace is a 1994 2.8l diesel and according to my garage I need a new (mph) speedometer head (current one is mph but is broken). Can anyone kindly point me in the direction of where I might find one?

Ive had a look at ebay and the only thing I can find specifically for a hiace is This. But I only need the speedometer bit, the fuel gage/temp bit is fine.

Do I have to get a hiace specific one or will any speedometer do? If not, will this one from ebay work? I know nothing about speedometers and while it says it is for a hiace it also says "MK4 H100" which might be referring to the specific hiace model, which I don't know if my hiace is or isn't

Any help very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer head replacement   Speedometer head replacement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:47 am

Buy the lot ans sell on what you don't need?

Don't know how mush gearbox/speedo ratios change to advise further.
Back to top Go down
Caijin

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Birmingham
Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer head replacement   Speedometer head replacement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Ok, cheers Clive, I'll buy it and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
philburf
philburf

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 1992 Hiace Super GL 4x4 Auto Camper
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer head replacement   Speedometer head replacement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi there,
Just wondering if you got this sortded?
I'm having the same problems and think i have traced it back to the speedo head but can't find where to get one from for love not money! Even toyota parts has said they are discontinued.
Again, i only really need the speedo, was wondering if the speedo part is the same as any other toyota e.g. i found out the same speedo sensor was used on Toyota Lucias!!! Any help or part numbers would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Phil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer head replacement   Speedometer head replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedometer head replacement
Page 1 of 1