Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Electric mirrors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Electric mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Electric mirrors   Electric mirrors Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:30 am

Retracted my mirrors today (silly move Sad ) and now the left hand sucker wont go back. The mirror itself still goes up and down etc. but no back out. I assume the fuse is OK as tother side works and as far as I know there is only the one fuse number 4 I think. It wont force back out as i tried gently and I have the whole shebang hanging off now so I can get grips onto the bottom of the shaft, but so far no give. I've got it soaking in penetrating oil and will try again in the AM.
But if anyone has a bright idea I'm all ears Smile
On the plus side we found that the mirror has heater in it but I don't know how it's turned on Sad
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Electric mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric mirrors   Electric mirrors Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:11 pm

OK if anyone else has same problem the fix is a lot of fun. First take off the door trim, bottom half pops off then after an hour if cursing and swearing you find that you have to push the bloody thing up to get it off. Then you can unbolt the mirror taking care not to drop the screws down into door cavity(like I did). Then pull mirror apart until you can get at motor which is hidden under a plastic cover that is bloody hard to get off. There are a couple of wires going into the little motor bare a couple of spots then using a couple of wires hooked to a battery you can move drive either way by switching the power from one way to other, then you have the fun of putting it all back together all the time telling yourself and and anyone else that is around that if anyone touches that button again there will be death in the family Smile
Back to top Go down

Electric mirrors
Page 1 of 1