Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mirrors .....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 pm

Unsavoury incident in a local car wash has "removed" my tailgate mirror.

Been unable to track one down online, but there are a few for the later model and was wondering if they might fit.

Mirrors ..... Rear10

While looking for the above I stumbled across a few front fender mirrors. However one more these were for slightly different models. Has anybody tried these ?

Mirrors ..... Front10
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 7:42 am

Front fender mirror is common on Japanese vehicles but mostly om cars not vans. Seems to me that it has mucj less use on a van, only a very short distajnce.
However you have mirrors on the "bonnet" in front of windscreen so you can see how close your bumper gets to something.
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 10:25 am

The front one is particularity pertinent to me as its a VERY tight fit getting it into and out of the garage which is short and with a very tight turning circle to get it in.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 11:19 am

I guess it could work, but it looks aftermarket.

Perhaps there have been sold a few vans with electric folding mirrors, but I think they only came on the 200 series from 2005.
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 3:55 pm

I've seen a number of rear mirrors for sale on the Japanese Yahoo! auction site.

For example - here.

@Hiace4wd - my 1991 LH107W has electric folding side mirrors
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 3:08 pm

djathens wrote:
I've seen a number of rear mirrors for sale on the Japanese Yahoo! auction site.

For example - here.

@Hiace4wd - my 1991 LH107W has electric folding side mirrors

Cheers for that link, but I can't find a way to get an estimate on the shipping or contact buyer to ask.

Any clues ?
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 3:35 pm

If you want to ask questions, you have to use the chat agent icon in the bottom right of the screen, pose your question, and then the Buyee team will communicate with the seller. For Yahoo! Japan, buyers in foreign countries have to use proxy services to win the auctions. I have used Buyee for acquiring a number of parts and they have great customer service and I've had a positive experience each time.

To get a shipping estimate you have to click on the 'Total Estimate' button to the right of the auction's title:

Mirrors ..... Buyee_10

In the pop-up window you enter the auction price, the country where it's being shipped, and an estimate on the weight of the item. You'll then be provided with a range of shipping services, some faster some slower, to choose from. Each choice will show you the item price, proxy service fees, and the shipping fee, adding up to a grand total estimate on what you would pay.

Mirrors ..... Buyee_11
Back to top Go down
mankey
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 37
Home City : Brackley
Registration date : 2017-03-13

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Super customer being broken on ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hiace-Super-Custom-Breaking/254345645409?hash=item3b382e8d61:g:SLEAAOSwkXVdaX5g
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 2:39 pm

mankey wrote:
Super customer being broken on ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hiace-Super-Custom-Breaking/254345645409?hash=item3b382e8d61:g:SLEAAOSwkXVdaX5g

Bloody hell ! .... could spend hours mining bits and pieces from that. .. starting with the rear mirror obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirrors ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors .....   Mirrors ..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirrors .....
Page 1 of 1