Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is this on radiator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
klaja26

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Wollongong
Registration date : 2011-07-14

What is this on radiator Empty
PostSubject: What is this on radiator   What is this on radiator Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:40 pm

My hiace has started leaking water from the bottom of the radiator. What is the bottom part of the radiator that i have circled in the picture? It looks like there is supposed to be something screwed into it but it doesnt have anything attached and it is leaking badly.

Any help is appreciated.

What is this on radiator Radiat10
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What is this on radiator   What is this on radiator Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 am

Hay mate your radiator is totally different to mine... Is yours 2.8 diesel or 2.4 petrol? Could this be a drain tap? Someone on here will have the same as you i'm sure?
Back to top Go down
klaja26

PostSubject: Re: What is this on radiator   What is this on radiator Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 am

Its a 2.4 petrol. Not sure if thats the exact picture of the radiator but it was the best picture i could find that shows that part of the radiator.

I thought it was a drain tap as well as it has thread on the back and looks like there is supposed to be something blocking it.

When i fill the radiator it comes straight out so thats what makes me think its a drain tap. The car got bogged yesterday afternoon and after i got it out it was fine but after driving home for about 40mins when i pulled up into the driveway it started leaking so i wasnt sure if maybe something has fallen off, whether it be a hose or some kind of block.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What is this on radiator   What is this on radiator Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 am

The bloody things are made with the side support so when you go over something twisty they tear. I did one in our old 2.4 while cutting wood in a paddock. Went through a drain and twisted it :(Good news is it's nowhere near a dear as a SC rad. Red Devil or any radiator place can sort it.
Back to top Go down
klaja26

PostSubject: Re: What is this on radiator   What is this on radiator Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 am

Yeah i just went to Natrad and showed them the picture and they confirmed it. They gave me a plug for free and said try it out. So just put it in, filled the radiator back up, let it run for 20mins and not overheating or leaking Very Happy

Problem Solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this on radiator   What is this on radiator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is this on radiator
Page 1 of 1