Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new Hiace SC purchase

Go down 
+2
srburnsy
snd.wave~
6 posters
AuthorMessage
snd.wave~
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2011-04-22

My new Hiace SC purchase Empty
PostSubject: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi All,
Having spent the last few years looking at vans to buy, for work and play, I was stuck on the Delica for a long time, but the forums were filled with so many issues, I was never convinced it was what I was after. I then discovered the SC, and I had found what I was looking for. After my trusty Subaru was pinched outside my house 5 weeks ago (and found a few days ago up the street, Smile ) I was forced to finally make the decision, and get myself some new (old) wheels.
A week ago I purchased a '96 Super Custom Living Saloon EX from a dealer in Sydney. For the past few weeks have been looking to buy online from one of the Japanese auctions, using a middle man here in Melbourne. Well, I had some doubts during this process, and made some calls around Oz to try find one I could test drive and check out. Success!
I waited for many next day off and flew up from Melbourne. I checked out a nice range, got my heart stuck on one, and made the purchase that day. It was a truly great experience, and as I made the 10 hour drive home to make an early start at work, I realised it was a pilgrimage, and a very successful one.
The SC I bought is in really good condition, its hard to believe its 15 years old. It has 130k's on the clock. No issue getting it registered here in vic. Has been such a pleasure to drive over the past week, looking forward to many adventures in the near future.
I'll post more in other sections over the next couple of weeks, including a pic or two ... happy days cheers
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:34 pm

cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:51 pm

That's why I'm looking for another one.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm

congrats another convert Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:24 am

Well done mate. Enjoy the new toy
Back to top Go down
MP

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Queanbeyan
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:36 am

Hey mate,

I am looking for one currently and was wondering if you could tell me what car yard in Sydney did you get it from? And ... if you could reveal how much did you pay for this SC? I am searching for my SC right now but as I am still overseas the price comparison is bit hard.
Is yours 4wd/AWD? Did you look at the fuel consumption on your way back to Melbourne? I assume it is diesel.

Thanks heaps.
Cheers
Marcin
Back to top Go down
snd.wave~
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Marcin,

I purchased my SC from cosmopolitan cars in homebush. I got on to them through a small but wholly positive feedback online and I took a punt after chatting with them a few times. Really paid off, quality place.

Without sounding like an ad for the company, I paid 13,990, with rego, and 3 year parts/labour warranty Australia wide. Didn't feel I needed to haggle with the price as the van was near mint to the eye, and after the roadworthy, throughout the guts as well it seems.

Mine is AWD diesel. I did jot down the fuel consumption, head over to that thread and i'll post it there.

p.s PM me if you want more info on the yard, I had quite an experience out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new Hiace SC purchase   My new Hiace SC purchase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Hiace SC purchase
Page 1 of 1